Melbourne Alternative Crafters Message Board › Results from meeting about Bend n Snap market stall
We had a meeting at lovely Giraffe Cafe today to chat about our market stall at Bend and Snap Market. I hope everyone is feeling ready to rock the market, but if you do have questions or problems let me know.
From the meeting there's a small to-do-list for everyone:
- Please email me a list of all the items you'll be selling and their prices one week before stall day. We will tick off items on this list if some one else sells your items while you are away. My email addy is email@example.com
- Price tag your items (you can do this on the day if you prefer - I have lots of stickers). Prices should be in whole dollar amounts so we don't have to handle small change.
- Let me know if there are any times that you are unable to be at the stall. There are enough of us that we can take turns manning the stall, so don't stress if you can only be there for a certain period, but it's good to know in advance when everyone can be there. They times you really will need to be there are the hour before the market starts when we will be setting up, and the hour after when we will be packing down.
- Please send me your email address so we can continue the conversation via email (the comments section on the website is starting to get a bit hard to follow).
Other things that came out of the meeting:
- Sarah has some vintage fabrics she's offered to bring for people to use as table cloths etc. She's going to send out an email with some pics so we can all make a choice. At least one of the tables with have a plain white table cloth so colourful items don't look too busy.
- We also had a chat with Melissa, who organises the market. She said she's planning to give us the space along the long side wall, some extra small tables to use, and space won't be an issue. This is great because fitting everyone in something a several of us had been concerned about. She's also hoping to start up some more interactive activities for the market, so I'm planning to set up a wintering craft corner where people can make their own snow globes (and maybe other wintery things if I can think of them). Last time the interactive activity was a Scribbly Tattoo Parlour. Check out the pics here: http://www.scribble-project.com/2013/04/our-scribbly-tattoo-parlour.html
If you have any other ideas for interactivity at the market let me know - I'll soon be doing a call out to all Melb Alt Crafters on Melissa's behalf.
- It's not too late to send your photos and website links to be spread about on Bend n Snap's social media and promotional stuff. There are also some interview questions below that Melissa has sent for us to answer.
She has asked for all photos, links for social media, and answers to the interview questions to be sent to her by the end of the week so she can do a feature blog on Melbourne Alternative Crafters. Please send anything you have to me by Friday afternoon so I can get it to her.
1. Tell us a little about yourself using a Haiku (short poem with three lines comprising 5 syllables, 7 syllables, then 5 syllables).
2. Tell us a little about the origins of Melbourne Alt Crafters.
3. Describe your creative process.
4. What inspires you the most?
5. Name some of your most favourite local artists and designers. (please include links where possible).
6. What are your ultimate dreams for Melbourne Alt Crafters?
7. What will will we find from Melbourne Alt Crafters at our May Bend and Snap Market?
- I've also started popping the promotional pics in an album on the facebook group. Please let me know if you prefer your pics don't go there. I've put the link below because it's crazy long.
Phew! Sorry for the long email folks, I hope this covers everything, if it doesn't let me know :)
Melb Alt Crafters facebook group:
Ok - finally got it up.
They're not terrific, but let me know if you want to use any!
(There are 9 different fabrics, in case it's hard to make out in the pic).