Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Save Hyrule from Ganon!

Save Hyrule from Ganon!

A former member
You know when you are job searching and you are putting together your resume and at the very bottom of the resume there is a section where you can put your activities and awards and such? I actually put down that I was an organizer for the Little Rock Geek Club on my resume when I was job searching last year and it actually got a lot of attention from employers. It kind of made my resume stand out somewhat. I'm a computer programmer, so it kind of let any prospective employers know that I was not just a bit flipper but also a people person as well! So I got the notion that I should do the same thing for my members. If you attend 10 events you will get a certificate of appreciation signed by me the organizer and I will vouch for you. You can use this at a job interview as proof that you are involved in the community, that you think outside the box, that you break away from comfort zones, and that you believe in progress even if it comes in the form of a Happy Meal! (ok maybe not that last part but it's ok if you like Happy Meals I won't tell) Each time you attend an event you will get a Link next to your name. Here is the record so far. If I left anyone out, feel free to shoot me an email and point out my mistake, but hopefully I got everyone.

Jodin

Memphis Geek Club Founder