Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Pathfinder, anyone? (Unofficial D&D version 3.75)

Pathfinder, anyone? (Unofficial D&D version 3.75)

A former member
Post #: 33
I'm about to move to the Memphis area from Florida.

I mostly play Pathfinder down here, and I'd like to find some folks to play with when I get up there. For those who don't know Pathfinder, it's basically Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, but published by a third party company called Paizo, and with some rules cleanups that supposedly make it better than 3.5. I never played 3.5, so I don't know the details of what was changed (skipped straight from 1st edition in the 80's to Pathfinder when I came back to the game last year). But that's why a lot of people jokingly call it D&D 3.75.
A former member
Post #: 3
I'd be interested based on things like time and date.
A former member
Post #: 36
I actually posted the same thing in two groups (one for RPGs and one "Geek Club"), and got 3 responses on the message boards, plus one email from someone who said that he and a friend might be interested. So it sounds like we have enough people if we can find times when everyone wants to play.

I play a lot of Pathfinder Society (PFS) here in Florida, which is the organized play system for Pathfinder. It has the advantage that each adventure is just a single session, and you play with whoever happens to show up for each session, so you don't need to coordinate to have everyone there every time. At least at first, I'm thinking this might be a good way to play while we meet each other and figure out who can show up regularly, vs those who can only show up sometimes. I already own some of the PFS scenarios, so I could GM a few sessions of that at first.

I'll be moving up to the Memphis area over Labor Day weekend (this coming weekend), so maybe the following weekend we could get something together. I just figure weekends are probably best for people who work normal 9 to 5 jobs, though I'm open to other suggestions.
A former member
Post #: 38
For those who missed it, it looks like someone else is trying to get a Pathfinder Society game going in Memphis this coming Thursday. I'm posting to this thread so the people who are tracking this thread will see it, if they didn't already. Here's links:

http://www.meetup.com...­
http://www.meetup.com...­