Metro DC Kirtan Message Board › InnerTuning Meetup group

InnerTuning Meetup group

Brecken (.
user 2928304
Newton Center, MA

Dear Metro DC Kirtan peeps ~

I have set up another Meetup group for InnerTuning, a vibrational mantra practice that I am working with under Sri Shyamji Bhatnagar, an accomplished naada yogi and tamboura virtuoso who has extended my chanting practice in wonderful new directions.

Here's the group link:

http://www.meetup.com...­

InnerTuning is very subtle -- it's unlike kirtan in that it involves more listening and relaxation -- but it's similar to kirtan in that there is chanting and sound to stabilize and transport the mind into a deep state of meditation. Shyamji talks about the creation of a "5th element" called Surya Akaash through sound, and one can truly feel it. I've never experienced depths of meditation and transformation like this before, and for a monkey-mind like mine, that's really saying something. :)

Shyamji's InnerTuning Institute is in New Hope, PA, just north of Philadelphia, and I'll be helping him set up concerts and workshops in different cities along the East Coast. He's a very private peron, and his primary practice is in New York City, but I'm going to be doing my best to extend his reach to Washington DC and Boston.

Shyamji is getting advanced in years and we may not have him with us here for much longer -- there are videos being made of his teachings and mantras, but sitting with him in person can be a life-transforming experience you don't want to miss.

If we can get enough people together in DC that would attend a concert or workshop, I can make that happen. So please join the InnerTuning group if you can -- the email traffic will be light -- and hopefully we can manifest a wonderful appearance by Shyamji in DC in the coming few months.

And by all means let your friends along the East Coast who might be interested in a practice like this know of Shyamji's existence...

Jai!!!

Brecken (Bhakti)