addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Metropolitan Club Stuttgart - Social, Cultural & Educational Message Board › Welcome from the new organizer - changes and improvements

Welcome from the new organizer - changes and improvements

Dennis O.
Dennis-ODonohue
München, DE
Post #: 1
I'm Dennis and have taken over the group now that Jim returned to the US and elected not to renew payment for being the organizer (yes - it costs money! $144/year). I have been in contact with Jim in the past though have not attended any events. I have posted a weekend trip to Austria but have had NO interest so far despite the fact that 90% of those signing up indicated interest (sorry for the sort notice - I know many need more time to plan).

A number of people in the group who I've contacted were open to the idea of including social events beyond those outdoors as well as educational and cultural events.

Here are some examples:
- visits to museums, cathedrals, plays (like on Kelly Barracks), concerts, cinemas, fests, etc.
- guided tours to various surrounding cities, towns, castles, mines, construction sites, acheological ruins, etc.
- cuisine sampling at various restaurants
- wine tasting / wine wandering tour, Sunday Brunch, meet in a Pub
- slide shows of international trips offering an impression of the countries, landscape, people, adventures
- lectures and presentations about various topics - in addition to experts, scientists, writers, etc, there are those in the group who may have expertise in an area which may be of interest to others.

Of course great outdoor programs like cycle tours, hiking, climbing, canoing, waterskiing, snow skiing, etc. are certainly welcome!

I will post a poll to get your feedback - hope to hear from you and that you post a meetup event idea soon (ideally some weeks in advance so that people can plan their schedules).

Dennis O'Donohue