MichiganDogTrainer Awesome Adventures is organized by Michael Burkey's Michigan Dog Trainer. It's purpose is to provide fun outdoor events for Michael's students and their dogs which may include gatherings at dog parks, nature hikes, cross country skiing, etc.
Membership is restricted to Michael's students and is permission based (based upon readiness for you and your dog to attend social outings with other dogs and people).
By joining this meet up group, you agree that your dog is friendly toward dogs and people and that you are responsible for your dog's behavior before, during and after group meet up events. If you agree, with the below group policies, please join us and have fun with other dog lovers! It's a great way to continue your dog's socialization and training. You may invite friends and family members to walk with you as your guest. However, persons with dogs outside the immediate home family must join the group as their own membership rather than attend as guests.
Events will be held in SE Michigan, primarily in Western Wayne County, Southern Oakland County and Eastern Washtenaw County.
MEET UP GROUP POLICIES
1. Dog loving members of the “MichiganDogTrainer meet up group” are responsible dog owners who keep their dogs on leash for the safety of their dogs, to prevent dogs from harassing wildlife, to comply with leash laws and be good dog ambassadors to the general public. Some events will be designated as off leash events (such as at fence enclosed dog parks) while all other events (such as recreational trail walks) will be on leash activities.
2. Participation in MichiganDogTrainer meet up group activities are done so on a volunteer basis and poses inherent risks to you and your guests’ safety and/or your dog’s safety. You acknowledge this risk and agree to hold MichiganDogTrainer also known as, Michael Burkey’s Canine Behavioral Training, Michael Burkey and/or it’s agents harmless. MichiganDogTrainer accepts no responsibility for the behavior of it’s members and their dogs.
3. All breeds, large and small, are welcome to participate in MichiganDogTrainer activities. Dogs must be “green light” dogs which mean they are safe with other dogs and people (“yellow light” means usually safe but use caution and “red light” means dangerous toward people or dogs).
4. Dogs who attend off leash dog park events must not only be safe (green light dogs) but also friendly toward other dogs and people. They also should respond to their owner’s command to “come when called.” If dogs become too excited or rough in play, members will leash their dogs until the dogs have calmed down and are capable of gentler play. If a dog does not calm down, the member will create distance between their leashed dog and other dogs and/or remove their dog from that event.
5. Members with dogs must yield right of way to strangers (joggers, walkers, other dog teams, etc.). This can be accomplished by moving off the path until the stranger passes or by placing yourself between your dog and the stranger until the stranger has passed by. This prevents the chance for your dog to lunge toward a stranger or for your dog to be scared by a stranger. It also puts others at ease when they can see that you have control of your dog and you are showing concern for their welfare. Please be mindful that some people don’t like dogs and/or are afraid of dogs.
6. When meeting another dog team on leash, ask the owner if it is ok for the dogs to meet or for you to pet their dog before assuming the other dog enjoys meeting others.
7. Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste appropriately.
8. Posts on the MichiganDogTrainer meet up group list server shall be respectful toward others and be on topic to meet up locations and meet up events.
9. Yearly membership dues of $24.00 per immediate family is due by May 1st or within 30 days of joining meet up group, which ever occurs first. Participate in the Referral Program and save money by having your dues waived:
A. $24.00 fee waived for next year's dues for referring one or more paid clients (in home or board and train) to Michael Burkey's Canine Behavioral Training.
B. LifeTime Membership, all dues waived (while group remains in existence) for referring three or more total paid clients (in home or board and train) to Michael Burkey's Canine Behavioral Training.
10. If you are in need of further obedience training or behavior modification, have suggestions for event locations or have questions about these policies, please contact Michael Burkey at info@MichiganDogTrainer.com or 734-634-4152. Inquire about training upgrades.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.