Kara Ferguson and Jenny Oldenburg will be explaining Artist Trading Cards and their various uses. Participants will learn what works and best practices when creating ATCs. Participants will create their own ATCs to keep or exchange with other participants.
When: January 20th 1pm
What: Artist Trading Card Workshop
Cost: $10 per person
Class size: Limit of 6 people
- 1- pack of 20 Strathmore 300 Series Smooth Bristol ATC paper
- 1- assorted pack of 12 Strathmore ATC papers
- access to paintbrushes (nothing fancy–you may opt to bring your own for applying glue or using paints)
- access to various crafting supplies including decorative paper (and newsprint ads), acrylic paints, pastels, fabric, color pencils, and more.
- soft sleeves to hold your finished ATCs
What participants should bring:
- tweezers (good for working with small bits of paper)
- If you have a preferred crafting/art medium that you’re already comfortable working in (watercolor, pen&ink, etc) you should consider bringing some of those supplies for your own use
- found objects to use and share (you want things that are relatively flat like smashed pennies, wire, string, ads, newsprint, labels, lightweight printed cardboard, watch gears, tissue papers, wrapping paper, etc.)
If you prefer to pay in person, please leave us a message to let us know!