addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Midtown & Montrose Meetup 21-40ish :) Message Board › Secret Santa!! rules and forms!

Secret Santa!! rules and forms!

Stephanie
tatertotpixie
Houston, TX

there will be two groups, one group that can make it to the "lets draw names" meetup
and one that doesn't make it to this meetup but STILL want to participate

IF YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE you are making a COMMITMENT it means you WILL buy a gift and you WILL receive one! no flakes!

If you can't make it to the live swap I expect you to mail your gift to your victim! or drop it off with steph a day or two before and I will bring it to the swap.

The reveal: you can reveal yourself within your gift, or after we've all traded, or not at all, but I have the right to tell anyone who their santa is ONLY AFTER they've received the gift :)

RULES:

$20 spending LIMIT $10 Spending MINIMUM (unless it's handmade in which case just put effort in, no half ass gifts!

Give us a good profile. Half the fun of Santa is the hunt for the perfect gift, the quest to make the package special, and by not giving any details, you're denying your Santa that enjoyment. Honestly, it's just not fair.

So make it good. Make it juicy. Send us into overload for all I care, but flesh it out. You've got a week to sign up!

If you do not fill out a good profile the first time, I will return it to you and ask you to flesh it out. I will only ask ONCE. After that, if your profile is not sufficient for a Santa to go on, you will be DROPPED from the swap. You can sign back up if you want, but if it's still not up to par, you'll be dropped again. I am not chasing anyone down over it this year.

I know that sometimes doing a profile like this isn't as easy as you'd think, so if you want help, just ask! Me, an elf, anyone you want. We'll be happy to help. (Protip: Your friends can probably do a great job of writing it for you.)

Examples:

Dislikes: green, hippies

Bad. There's zero to go on. You don't even say what kind of racing. I could get you a blue NASCAR music box that plays Sweet Caroline, but that's a serious shot in the dark there.

Likes: Volume III of MangaHentMoon: Episode 11b, but only the Japanese variant with the alternative cover, that's all I really want
Dislikes: Post 1995 manga

It's Santa, not your personal shopper. It's fine as you list that as something you'd like to get, but don't just throw in a small shopping list of swag and call it a day. And don't make your profile so esoteric that your Santa will get a migraine trying to figure it out.

Likes: Anime (MangaHentMoon), music (j-pop), blue, racing, scifi
Dislikes: orange, Peanuts

Still not great, but better. At least it's something to start with. But you might want to clarify if that's Peanuts™ the comic strip, or peanuts the legume that had a stray cap added.

Likes: Anime (love MangaHentMoon, ask my spy about my collection), music (mostly J-Pop and country, esp. Pizacatto Five, Tim McGraw and Ben Folds Five), anything blue at all, racing (horses, not cars--my favorite jockey is Dave Blaney), Stargate SG-1 (anything! I have nothing, not even the DVDs!), and pretty much any other SyFy series except Stargate Atlantis. I love bobbleheads of my favorite scifi/tv characters! I have all The Office ones already. I also have a a yellow lab named Remo and a cat named Chiun. I love felt.

Dislikes: I hate burlap, Stargate Atlantis, sports (except racing) and Randy Travis. I don't hate Disney, but I'm not fond of it. I don't own a BluRay player. Please don't send me anything edible, I have allergies. And no plushies, please, my dog just eats them.

MUCH better, and you can go as long as you like. I consider that short.

Wishlist links are links to sites such as Amazon.com, thinkgeek, or Etsy where you have stored a list of things you'd like to get. These are helpful because they not only show specific items you'd like, but they reflect your overall taste as well. (My own Etsy list is about my taste, not things I actively want.) Many sites have wishlist options, feel free to link any you'd like.

if you can do that:

--------------- FILL THIS OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO STEPH! -------------------

Would you welcome a homemade gift in lieu of a storebought one?

I would prefer it!
Yes, it'd be fine
No
As a partial gift

Are edibles okay?

Yes. No. Yes but I have restrictions listed below:

Likes: (Hobbies, interests, musical tastes, beliefs, anything else that might help your Santa get to know you better. Favorite colors, etc.)

Dislikes and Allergies:

Wishlists and Collections online: (Add links to any wishlists you might have (Amazon, in your LJ, etc.). Use the Notes section if you need more room. You can also include links to lists of books, DVDs, etc. that you already have)

Spies: List people your Santa can go to for "inside advice." They don't need to be meetup members, but make sure you have their permission for Santa to contact them. They should be people who know you well enough to help your Santa if needed, or people who can find/provide information about what you collect, etc. don't forget to list their contact info as well.

OTHER NOTES:

steph: tatertotpixie@gmail.com

--------------- ^^FILL THIS OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO STEPH!^^ -------------------