Milwaukee REIA -- Real Estate Investor Association Message Board › You've asked, "why are you doing this?" Here's my answer...

You've asked, "why are you doing this?" Here's my answer...

Eric L.
user 9131744
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Hello everyone-

I am happy to say that as I write this I'm sitting here in shorts looking at a high of 81 today. It seems like winter has finally let go of us here- even if it is still wet (and getting wetter/rainier soon).

We've had 2 more people RSVP yes for the bus tour online, and 3 more who confirmed offline, so we're on our way to having a good group with us on May 16th. Remember, you have until Sunday night to RSVP yes- either at the meet-up group or via email. I won't be around this weekend to respond, but like always, I can be emailed or reached at:

Eric Lundberg
N112W16298 Mequon Rd.
Germantown, WI 53022
(262)355-4677 (O)
(262)388-1894 (C)
eric@milwaukeemastermind.com

Aside from the fact that I want to make it easy for you to register for this upcoming meet-up, I also want to make it clear who I am, where I am, and why it is that I've set up this meet-up group and am organizing things like this bus tour. That's why my info is above and that's why I am writing the rest of this email. I've had a chance to talk and email with many of you individually, but some of the comments I've gotten back are as follows:

"$97 for a local bustour and lunch? Great price-- There must be a catch!"
"Well you and Dan seem like nice guys, but why in the world are you doing this?"
"Thanks, but this is probably too good to be true..."

Have you been thinking any of those things as well? I am sure you have been, and I would be too.

Well, here's my two reasons for all this:

First, I have found in my years of real estate investing that it's a lonely business. Our associates are often our competitors and our vendors and contractors are, by necessity, business relationships only. The local REIA group is a great way to network with other investors, but it is too big to really talk business- at least on a personal level. That is why the idea of a "Mastermind" is such a great thing. A Mastermind is a meeting of like-minded people working in the same field, sharing ideas, sharing a vision, and participating in each other's success, while of course being exposed to new ideas, new contacts, and new processes of doing things.

My desire for that kind of peer-group led me to the second reason I am doing this. In January I signed on with a real estate coaching company co-founded by Steve Cook, a well know "guru" and owner of FlippingHomes.com. He and another business coach in the Baltimore area, started working with local investors, and over the last couple years, they have helped many of them buy great properties; either to hold or to "flip" (fix and sell to a homeowner). Starting last year, they began the slow process of expanding their concept into other markets. I had always wanted a way to work with other people, teach them what I have learned through the school of hard knocks and the many courses I've bought over the years. So, when I saw an opportunity to try join an organization and a leader that was well-known for integrity, and I took it. After a lengthy application process and a lot more training once I started, I'm back in Milwaukee, and I've hit the ground running.

If you're worried about me hardselling any of you on joining my coaching group- don't be. You'll hear about it in emails like this, you may see student's houses on some of the rehab tours, and I'm sure you'll hear a buzz about some of the deals that we're doing together-- but I don't want to "sell" any of you on what we offer. It will either make sense to you or it won't. Our first real meet-up earlier in the month was even better than I hoped for, and from the feedback I've gotten from everyone, I know I not the only one who thinks so.

In the same way that I took a chance to grab onto what I was looking for, I encourage you all to do the same. Whether it is the RehabLab bus tour, or even one of the many really, really great deals that are available right now- whatever it is for you-- go for it. Success comes to those who take action.

Well, I am off to Rhinelander for a little R&R and to see if the snow has melted yet. I look forward to all the RSVP's over the weekend, and seeing and networking with all of you when we next meet-up.

Best,

Eric Lundberg

PS- to save you all some time google searching, you can check out Steve Cook and The Club Mastermind by clicking on the hyperlinks provided. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!