addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Milwaukee PHP Users Group Message Board MKEPUG Discussion Forum › Aaron's Zend Framework Book Recommendations?

Aaron's Zend Framework Book Recommendations?

Jeremy D.
user 13366647
Lake Bluff, IL
Post #: 5
Hey Aaron, at last night's meeting, you mentioned there were a couple of books that you considered the best resources for Zend Framework 1 developers. I was wondering if you'd list them. Thanks.
Aaron S.
aaronsaray
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 80
Hey Jeremy - it's been a while since I looked at the books again. I know one I'd recommend is by Jason Gilmore. I also recommend looking at Rob Allen's Devnotes as a good source of information. Or of course, aaronsaray.com/blog for articles too ;)

Here's the thing: ZF 1 changed a lot up through and until 1.8. Then, after that in 1.9 - 1.12 I don't think there were that many main architectural changes or things like that - just the quality on zftool commands. So, anything that refers to 1.9 and above is relatively useful.

However, ZF 2 is out - so let's see what we have to say about that. My personal preference is to use ZF2 right now for non-enterprise content - and make sure they won't make the same mistakes as they did with the early 1.x releases. (nothing worse than telling your boss 'we need to spend days to upgrade this software - but yeah I know it's working fine now.')
David B.
CoderDx
Austin, TX
Post #: 16
Thank you. :)