|Sent on:||Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:20 PM|
IMPORTANT CHANGES AND REMINDERS FOR THE MILWAUKEE WINING AND DINING GROUP
REMINDER: PHOTOS/NAMES: The organizers have seen an increase in the number of people who either (A) have no photos on their profile and/or (B) have a profile name that is indistinguishable (e.g. MilwaukeeGal). These factors make it very hard for the organizers to track who has showed to an event vs. has was a no show), if we can we have either a proper facial photo or at least a name that can be recognized, it’d be a big help (both would be preferred)
REMINDER: NO-SHOWS POLICY: Were still seeing no-show rates as high as half the sign-ups. Just as a strong reminder – you get three in a 12 month period. If you that third one, you’ll be asked to leave the group. For a more detailed explanation, please read the “about us” link , which is located near the upper left hand corner of the group’s home page.
CHANGE: DUES POLICY: After having a Optional annual $5.00 for members… it’s clearly not working out – the website costs money to run, and sometimes the host or hostess comes up short on the bill, and has to cover that out of their own pockets. So as of today, we are going to be asking for a mandatory $5.00 annual fee.
There are two types of members who will be exempt from these dues:
1) Someone who is attending their first meetup will not be asked to donate. Once you show for a second event, It will be assumed you’ve taken an interest in being a member, and $5.00 a year is not too much to ask – some of the other groups I belong to are $10 or $15.
2) Anyone who hosts an event!!!! Such members will be marked as “paid” for the first event they host, and that will cover a 12 month period from that day forward. Hopefully this will encourage more people to attempt hosting.
Again these dues will cover the following:
1) website costs
2) Host coverage if the bill ever comes up short
3) possibly a supply of business cards for organizers and members, to promote the group.
4) should we end up with a surplus past that…. It will be saved in a general fund, and maybe we can use it to hold some sort of group-wide function, like a picnic party, or Zoo a La Carte (or at least defray the costs).
GROUP PURGE COMING – One a year, I do like to roll through the membership roster and find members who have not attended an event for more than a year. Wile the website says we have 398 members, I am quite sure that the active members are a bit short of that. Should you fall into this category, you’ll likely be getting an email from within a few weeks to see if there is still an interest in remaining a member.
I guess that’s it for now – Hope to see you all soon. Oh – while I have been busy of late, I do want to thank Tina and T Flynn for hosting so much lately – it is appreciated!!!
I also have plans to create a “bullet-point list” of what hosting is like (again – not too hard). Once developed, I will provide a copy to anyone who is actively hosting.
Let me know if you have any questions on anything addressed above. Seeya!
- Paul Castle