align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › 5 Players for 3.5 DnD

5 Players for 3.5 DnD

A former member
Post #: 7
Looking for mature players for a campaign starting soon. The campaign itself is one that I have both ran and played in. It is an epic campaign, which starts characters off at 3rd level, and goes up to 40th level (possibly higher, depending on decisions made by players). It is set in the Forgotten Realms, and has everything you could ask for in a campaign. Were talking undead armies, scary vilians, toppling empires, valorous heroes, gods and titans, epic battles, scheming overlords, and anything else that you might think should have been in LoTR, but wasnt. I actually was running this campaign for over a year, with the gamers in my group getting up to level 15 (where the really good stuff starts happening) when a major schism happened between some players and I had to kick 2 of them off the game. So, it kind of ground to a halt. I am looking to start it fresh and new, with more...grown-up...players.

I have a character creation template that I exclusively use, called Heroforge. You can just google it, and it should come up. It is an Excel-based template, very easy to use, and is totally free!!! It is the best character creation template I have found, and like I said, I use it exclusively. There are, of course, character creation rules that I expect you guys to follow when making your characters, but they are minimal, and do not take anything away from the game itself (very minimal, really...).

I usually meet at Tower Games every Saturday, from 12-ish to about 5, so as not to intrude on anyones weekend, or work schedule. We are allowed to utilize all of the RPG stuff they have there for free (I like free...did u notice?), and can order food, bring cookies, have a bbq...whatever you decide. I am open to meeting at someones house, but am wary of that, simply because I do not like to intrude on someones personal space. I will leave it up to the gamers where to meet, with me being the final arbiter.

The entire game is random rolled, meaning all the treasure, weapons, monsters, etc.. you encounter in the game are randomly rolled by me the nite before-hand. I have had EXCELLENT success with this format, as it brings surprise to both myself and the players. And finally, the scenario is an open campaign type, meaning that there is a definate story going on around you, but feel free to go your own way, do your own thing, find your own path. It is entirely up to you. I would however, so very HIGHLY recommend that you stick it out with the team, just simply becuase survival is tricky by your lonesome in the Forgotten Realms.

I hope that I have answered your questions, and piqued your curiosity. If you are still interested, I will email you the Character Creation rules, and set a date for this upcoming Saturday to meet. If we have enough people by then, we can just start the campaign, and if not, then we can just chat for an hour or so whilst waiting to pick up more folks. BTW...if you know of any GROWN-UP gamers who would be interested in coming on board, send them a whisper. Ideally, Im looking for about 4-5 players.

Look forward to destroying empires with you...

-JG-

Alex
user 8399453
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 32
This sounds like a very ideal setup for me. I like your approach and the campaign you're looking to run. I love the 3.5 system and have played a few different classes. In general, I like to pick classes that complement the group, and I'm a very low-drama player when it comes to personality conflicts within the group.

The only issue I may have is the times. If you guys generally meet for 5 hours every Saturday then that's unfortunately too big a commitment for me. I have another RPG group that meets Saturday afternoons every 2-4 weeks, depending on people's schedules, so a weekly session with your group wouldn't be compatible for the time being. :(

If it does not work out for me now, please please keep me on your list for future campaigns once this current group I'm with wraps up. In several months I may be happy to jump in if you need a new player, or even farther in the future for any new campaigns you start up. The Twin Cities seems to have a shortage of DMs around southwest Minneapolis, and I want to be on your list. :)
Luc E.
luc.darcy
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
Jimmy-mother-flipping-shazam-bob G-money-maximillian-pretty-pants-twinkle­-toes!
Get your lawn chair, cattle prod, duct tape, peanut butter and squirrel ready because we is raring for some good times!
How many times have I started this campaign with you..?? lol!!! I WANT TO GET TO LEVEL 40, DAMMIT! ><
I was all like: Yay! It's going so well!! Then SMASH-BOOM-GRIND, it disappeared off the radar -- no more eta, just gone. :( It was taken out faster than my HULK SMASH max damage could auto-kill... :( But I know how it goes when players think they can GM your campaign better than you can. I'm not even aware entirely what went down as I was away for winter break at the time.
BTW: I miss auto-killing a group of orcs or a boss-type chain devil or a medusa or a hag with hulk smash... lol! (Yes, I know you hate me! :P)

As you may already know, I'm super pumped to get going again!! Possible to bring in my lvl11 tank with extendo-club..? PWEASE??
At least lemme be a catfolk! xD

I'll call you later, Bro Namath.
Tony B.
user 14311007
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 1
Hey, your campaign sounds awesome. I am a big FR fan. I haven't played D&D in a while(about 5 years)I played 3rd ED for years down in Iowa before I moved to Minnesotta. I would really like to get into a gaming group up here, but the timeframes don't quite fit with my work schedule. I work every Saturday until 2-3pm. If you could push the times back I would totally be into playing. I am 29 and have been RPGing for 16 years. I started playing AD&D in JR high. I have played AD&D, 3rd ED, 3.5, all of the world of darkness games, Abberant, Star Wars RPG(all editions) and I recently started reading the Pathfinder books(though I haven't actually played). I lean toward a medium RP style while breaking character to joke and goof around. If this campaign doesn't work I hope you'll keep me in mind for future campaigns and such.

TonyB
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 39
This campaign sounds very interesting but the time doesn't work for me. Saturdays are my day to "get things done". The only day that works for a weekly game for me right now is Wednesday evening. If it was every other week, I could also do Monday or Tuesday.

My schedule is probably too restricted for this to work out but thought I'd throw my interest out there with notes on schedule since others have expressed problems with the Saturday time.
Alex
user 8399453
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 33
Yep, an every other week thing would be ideal for me too. Wednesdays and Saturdays are generally bad for me but any other day would be workable.
Tony B.
user 14311007
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 3
I would also be down with the every-other Monday/Tuesday thing that Steve said. Those are my days off and I could play any time of day. Hope we aren't throwing too much of a wrench into your scheduling...lol
A former member
Post #: 8
I usually do every week because the players want it. I am totally open to doing every other week, based on player input. Same thing with the times. Players wanted their Saturday nites open, so 12-5 was established. Based on player input, I could fiddle around with the times some. But remember, its going on player majority, with me being the final arbiter.

Email me your preferences, and we can hash it out.