Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Creating your own Game and Cards

Creating your own Game and Cards

Troy S.
SkullThrone
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 21
I was chatting via email with another forum member and realized that not everyone is aware of this site that I stumbled across about a year ago...https://www.thegamecrafter.com/­

This company essentially allows ANYONE to create their own games, cards, boards, dice and then allows you to either just purchase a copy for yourself, or allows you to put it in their store where you decide how much to charge, and you get 70% of the profits.

I currently have 3 projects with them that I'm actually creating for myself (but will add them into their store), but in the past I've used them to create my own Power Cards for 4E, Monster stat block cards for 4E, Unit Stat block for my WarHammer units, and misc tiles and other cards. I've created my own NPC decks and working on Item Deck for use as generic treasure for any RPG.

Printing cards is very reasonable, less than $0.10 per card, and they have sizes from micro to jumbo, or even square cards or hex. Before I found these guys, I would print two cards on a 4x6 (typical cost is $0.10 to $0.15 each), then I'd have to cut these up and then being one sided drop them into card sleeves...it worked well, but was labor intensive to keep the cost down.

They have a well make game creation site, and allow for mass image uploading, overall very well done. They also have PNG and PSD templates to help size all your images correctly before printing. I fully endorse them for both personal and "for sale" items...the store also have some interest games (lots of them) for those of you brave enough to try...Many KickStarters use these guy as a way to get started.

The quality is not the same as you get from say Fantasy Flight or even Wizards or the Coast, but they are definitely comparable to other cards that I've bought from less known vendors, and I'm happy with the quality of things I've done through them as gaming aides.

If anyone knows about competitor to these guys please share that too, I'm sort of a hobby game creator, but sometimes for personal use I find it cheaper to buy used crap off of ebay and re-purpose the pieces for my own ideas, so if other companies like these guys exist in may help with some more inventory I could add to my games.