addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Montana Programmers Message Board Montana Programmers Discussion Forum › Entertainment Consumers Association - Indie Game Developer Chapter

Entertainment Consumers Association - Indie Game Developer Chapter

Josh H.
Zookey
Great Falls, MT
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! My name is Josh Hughes (aka Zookey or ZookeyTK depending on where you see me on the net). I am with Team KAIZEN, the video game studio based out of Great Falls.

Our goal is to not just develop games, but to increase the amount of game and tech entrepreneurs in Montana (and even past that). As part of that, we joined up with the Entertainment Consumers Association (www.theeca.com) to create an indie game developer chapter.

This chapter has several goals: to spread the passion of game and tech entrepreneurship, to show people how videogames can be a pathway to active citizenship (such as standing up to the SOPA and PIPA Congressional bills last year) and also supporting initiatives to get game design in the classroom (for instance, we work with Sony's LittleBigPlanet game design franchise with Great Falls Public Schools).

We are trying to get more members right now so we can have more people adding to the conversation. Through our friends at the ECA we can hook MP members up with comp'd memberships (normally 20 bucks a year)--the membership gets you a bunch of discounts at all sorts of places both gaming and non gaming related (think AAA for gamers and tech people).

If you're interested please reply to this thread or email me zookey (at) teamkaizengames (dot) com--our goal is to create a whole online entrepreneurial community that can help people with some traction gain more and others who are just starting to get their feet wet :-)

Josh