Montana Programmers Message Board Montana Programmers Discussion Forum › MSU Hivemind Call For Help

MSU Hivemind Call For Help

Murph M.
user 55976772
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 2
Hello Montana Programmers!

I am the president of MSU Hivemind, a tech group on the MSU campus in Bozeman. We try to promote tech awareness and culture by hosting several large free LANs that are open to the public every year. This year we are trying to get more involved in events that aren't just LANs.

Our first attempt at a non-LAN is a charity Starcraft II and League of Legends tournament for Child's Play that we are hoping to host in the next few months. Unfortunately, MSU can't accommodate another event of ours, so we are looking around for a location to host this at. It will have an entry fee, so we could negotiate a portion of it as payment for the space. Our only requirements are the space for about 100 people (32 SC2, 40 LoL, ~30 spectators), and access to a hardline to wire up to. We have all of our own infrastructure equipment.

If anyone can offer space or knows of a place that could, please get in contact with me on Meetup or on our Facebook page.
Rob L.
roblund
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 28
You might check with some of the hotel's in town. They tend to have conference rooms available that can expand out to fit a big amount of people. The other option might be the Emerson.
Wes
4thddev
Group Organizer
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 70
MTP has used the Wingate in the past and it worked well. I don't remember if they had a hard line in their conference rooms.

Some hotels will insist you cater with them, but the Wingate didn't care and they were great to work with.
Murph M.
user 55976772
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 3
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We've actually tried talking to a few hotels in town, most either cost too much (in the Emerson and others case) which is a problem when we're trying to get this money to charity, or don't think their Internet connections could handle it (Holiday Inn, and others). We'll keep running through the hotels though, hopefully one can manage it and wants their name associated with sponsoring a charity!
Jade R.
jaderobbins
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 10
Hey Murph, I just sent you and Blake an email. WebFilings would love to help! Let's meet up and talk about it!