Pilates is a mind body conditioning exercise program that targets the deep postural muscles of the abdomen and spine to improve overall central core stability and posture. The mind and body are brought together to achieve these aims through the following eight sound principles: concentration, centering, breathing, isolation, routine, precision, control and flowing movement.
The Movement Therapy Studio offers Therapeutic Pilates as a form of modified Pilates exercise method taught by qualified physiotherapist. Therapeutic Pilates suits all ages and fitness levels and is particularly beneficially for those with back pain, poor postures, neurological conditions, mental health conditions, sports injuries, arthritis, stress related illness and before and after pregnancy.
What Makes Us Difference?
The Movement Therapy Studio offers modified Pilates as a therapeutic tool to keep your core abdominal muscles strong be it for injuries prevention or rehabilitation and to optimise health and well being. Our instructors are registered therapists as well as clinical Pilates instructors and are experts in the functions of the neuromuscular system and are also competent in treating the clinical populations.
We are able to provide individual assessment and treatments that specifically identify any movement dysfunctions and provide tailored made Pilates exercises to meet your needs.
Class Schedule & Location
Starting 18th February 2014…
@Safa Park gate 5 after the entrance on the grass area on the left every Sunday, 7-8 pm. Entrance to Safa Park would cost 3 dhs.
Group Classes (Minimum of 2 & Maximum of 7)
- Single Class 60 dhs
(Includes posture & movement screening)
- Package of 10 400 dhs
(Valid for 3 months)
- Single Class 300 dhs
(Includes detailed initial assessment)
- Package of 10 2500 dhs
(Valid for 3 months)
- Pre & Post Natal Class 400 dhs
Booking & Cancellation
- Advance booking for a class is required 24 hours prior to a class by contacting us online or through email ([masked])
- To prevent being charged for missed appointments, we require 24 hours notice to either cancel or reschedule your class
- If we cancel or re-schedule a class (from our end) and not within 24 hours, your next class is on us for FREE
- Class cancellation may happen due to unforeseen weather conditions and participants would be notify in the first instance
- After purchasing the any class or packages, we have a NO REFUND policy
Some info to keep in mind before you come:
- Arrive 15 - 20 minutes before class for initial screening(for group classes) so that your individual needs are assessed and you have time to ask questions if any
- Bring a exercise mat if you have one, or borrow one of ours if available
- Bring your own water bottle and make sure you are hydrated
- Wear fitness or comfortable clothes. We spend some time in different positions so we don’t recommend loose short shorts