addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Movies at the Ritz (n/k/a Carmike) Message Board › An Important Message from the Organizer of Movies at the Ritz

An Important Message from the Organizer of Movies at the Ritz

Joan
user 9310524
Cherry Hill, NJ

I just want to make everyone aware that I no longer post movies in advance since several times I have had to cancel a movie at the last minute because it was not showing on the date that I posted it. I have several movies in draft that I will post the week before they are supposed to open. Look for the following up coming movies: The Help, The Change Up and Crazy, Stupid Love.

If you have a movie that you would like to see, please email me with your request. Please Do Not add it as an event.

Thank you,

Joan

Movies at the Ritz Organizer.
A former member
Post #: 16
Joan since you pay for the sight, you should be the one posting. Thank you for all of your hard work for the last 2 years. We all appreciate the work that goes into keeping this group alive.
Hope
bionicwoman7
Sicklerville, NJ
Post #: 13
Well I'm confused by Alexa's statement. I thought the $2 collected was to cover the cost of the site, which means that the movie goers are paying for or contributing to the cost of the site. If the $2 is not going towards the cost of the site, where is it going Alexa?
A former member
Post #: 11
I belong to a lot of meetup groups. Some charge no fees, some do. Of the ones that do, Joan charges less than any of them. $2 per person per year in all likelihood does NOT cover the cost. It costs anywhere from $12 to $19 a month, depending upon how you pay, so unless at least 72 people are paying $2 per year (which I doubt), Joan covers a lot of the cost herself. Most meetup organizers don't allow anyone else to post meetups (it's somewhere in the settings). Joan apparently hasn't activated that setting, but I think we should respect her wishes as the organizer and refrain from posting our own events on the site.