addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Munich Stammtisch Message Board › AFTER-WORK DRINKS

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,

As several people would rather have a drink somewhere central after-work I propose that we have an informal meet-up at 35 Millimetre on Bayerstraße 3-5 between Stachus and the Hauptbahnhof... Take an S or U bahn to Stachus...

There are enough tables and comfy chairs just inside the door for around 10 / 15 people and at 17 / 18 Uhr there is lots of space (Unless there is football on TV)

So I would Suggest the following:

Wednesday the 28th April at 18:00 in said bar, just answer this thread and add your name to the list...

If anyone would like to meet-up before this then why not, I will be there this Wednesday after-work... look for someone sitting at one of the low tables wearing a shirt and tie, drinking a glass of red wine and reading a book.... then say Hi Richie... if you get an answer then it is probably me :))

1. Richie

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Til,

This is just the craziest idea I have heard! Why do we bother making suggestions when we have no input in the resulting meet? Remember some of us work in offices, wear suits to work and don't want to tramp through Englischer Garten to sit on a wooden bench and maybe get rained on....

Really really really crazy!

Biergarten is great at the weekend but after-work drinks should, in my opinion be central, not weather dependent and offer other alternatives to beer! GREAT you can bring your own food, well there's a bonus, what should I do, buy a Pizza on the way?

It's just nice to see that I proposed the most popular activity on the site, and the organisers, without any input from their members, decide where and when things should happen... It is also clear that you take no notice of the suggestions as I did say a Bar / Bistro / Restaurant.... and you choose.... NONE OF THE ABOVE...

Ok Rant over....

user 11742407
München, DE
Post #: 1
I think going to a beer garden mid-week is an excellent idea myself, and 9 other people clearly agree, otherwise they wouldn't be going along. Why anyone would want to "rant" about it is beyond me. If you don't want to go along, fine, but don't slag off the organizers or try speaking for the rest of us.
A former member
Post #: 19
Richy -

active members are very important to keep a group like this alive!
So, thanks for contributing an idea. provides good tools to organize events. Every member can post an idea. "Organizers" can pick them up or transfer them into a event and make use of those organizing tools. This is common sense in this and other meetup groups.

If you want to give or obtain input, you can send E-Mails or start a discussion in the forum section. And for motivated members there is in general always the option to become an organzier too. A common way to do so is to ask.
There is no benefit of things like idea competitions, "copyright of suggestions" and complaining others events and it´s very unfriendly in the same time. If you personally don´t like a particular event - fine. You might like another one.

Be aware, that future events might base on local conditions and customs too.
Good news: This thursday is not the last option to go out for a drink in 2010.

Have a nice day!