MUSIC FOR FUN! Message Board › Meeting place, etc.

Meeting place, etc.

Jeff S.
user 5960797
Plano, TX
Post #: 1
I thoroughly agree with "Charlie's" thoughts about a big group of musicians and the logistics of a large group trying to jam together.
Seems like that maybe the best use of a Meetup like this is to serve as a focal point for musicians wanting to find other musicians of the same genre to get together with.
Gathering a group of, say , 20 people that represent jazz, blues, country and bluegrass, for instance, could possibly result in a lot of frustration and folks getting disgruntled thus undermining the whole effort.
This MeetUp could serve as a clearinghouse to direct players the right direction to find each other.
barrie m.
user 23100301
Plano, TX
Post #: 3
I agree with the previous comments, but also think it would be very interesting, I find things like this to be very revealing!
What about a show case, like a 5 min audition, people that don't want to do it, is also fine, but those that may have an act or short show piece could give say, an adjudicator info as to decide where & what groupings may be required?

I personally don't mind having a small meetup group @ my home in Plano, once I have sorted out the chaff! ;-)

Baz.
Leslie R.
user 12531743
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
We'll be ready to come and play. :)