NCTech4Good Message Board › Are you interested in helping families learn to use computers?

Are you interested in helping families learn to use computers?

Judy H.
judy_hallman
Chapel Hill, NC
I'm a little disappointed in the response for tonight's meetup and think perhaps my description isn't good. So let me try again.

We have a lot of people in this group who have expressed interest in volunteer projects. There are a few organizations in our area that coordinate computer refurbishing and placement in homes of families that don't have computers. The families that receive computers need help learning to use and care for the computers and support when they have problems, but there is a lack of coordinated training and support. NCTech4Good might be able to fill the gap, but we are just a Meetup group. Are there online collaboration tools that we can use to manage this project so that work can move forward without the need for a lot of face-to-face meetings? Can we define specific tasks and ways to create teams? Tasks include finding existing training materials, selecting topics and presentations of those topics, editing, testing for timing and usability, finding trainers, training trainers, conducting training sessions, planning question/answer sessions, and more.

I see this as a meeting of planners, not doers.

Two meetings in one month is difficult for most of us, but this meeting and the one on the 19th go well together. If we have an idea of what functions/tools we want for this project, that could help us start building the NCTech4Good.org website.

Reminder: Tonight's meeting is at Wake West Regional Library in Cary.

Judy Hallman