NEAT (Newcomers Explore and Appreciate Toronto) is a Walking group organized by volunteers of the Mentorship Programs at CultureLink Settlement Services.
New Torontonians are curious about their city and walking is the most healthy and inexpensive way to explore new places. But where to go and how they can learn more about the culture and history while enjoying the walking? Many of the newcomers found “Toronto Doors Open” an intriguing event, but it only happens once a year. On the other hand, for Torontonians who were born here and whose families have lived here for generations, Toronto is a city full of flavour with ever-changing faces. Every little street has an interesting story and every old building has witnessed an extraordinary history. Proud Torontonians are eager to share their contagious feeling about the city. Well, here we go, why don’t we take a stroll together through parts of the beautiful city.
Please join us if you enjoy walking and meeting new people. To learn more about our program please visit our website. Read our latest Welcoming Community News letter to find out the biking and walking programs in action.
All Trip Participants must Read and Agree to the following NEAT Meetup Group Waiver form - By Registering with the NEAT Meetup Group you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the following:
1. You understand and appreciate the risks inherent in walking trip(s), and you voluntarily and knowingly assume those risks. You release CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors volunteers, funders and sponsors, from any liability for any injury or loss you might incur in connection with the trip(s).
2. You, for yourself, your heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release forever any and all rights for claims and damages you may have against CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors, volunteers, funders and sponsors, in any manner due to any personal injury or property loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in the activities associated with the trip(s), including any volunteer activities you may engage in while preparing for the trip(s).
3. You agree to follow the rules established for the conduct of the participants in the trip(s) or instructions of CultureLink staff members or volunteer organizers on the trip(s).
4. You agree that you will be responsible for your own welfare and safety in participating in the NEAT trip(s).
5. You agree that if you bring any children and/or minors to the trip(s), you will be solely responsible for their welfare and safety.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members