NEAT (Newcomers Explore and Appreciate Toronto) is a group organized by volunteers of the Mentorship Programs at CultureLink Settlement Services.
New Torontonians with the help of experienced mentors, explore Toronto and organize guided tours for the general public all through year. Jane's walk, trip to Queenston Heights, walk from China town to city hall, haunted Toronto, lights and sights of Downtown Toronto, Toronto's film festival are some of the walks that have been organized in the past. Checkout the "past meetups" to learn more about past NEAT walks.
Since December 2014, NEAT has extended it's programming to winter activities under CultureLink's Wintegration Club. Volunteers of Wintegration club are working extensively to provide free/low cost activities from December to end of March where people enjoy the outdoors with their friends and family. Some of the winter activities offered are tobogganing, hiking, skating, snow sculpturing, picnicking, curling, orienteering, snow-shoeing, maple syrup festival, etc. Participating in the winter activities is a great way to get acquainted with Canadian's winter culture especially for newcomers to Canada.
Participating in our walks and winter activities opens doors learning about Toronto's local cultures, history and art as well as networking and making new friends.
To learn more about our program please visit our website.
We welcome everybody to our walks and winter activities. However, participation is entirely voluntary. Please read the liability statements carefully (copied below). CultureLink and it's representatives are not responsible for any loss/incident that may occur during NEAT walks and winter activities. Everyone participating is responsible for their own safety and well-being and of their children (if applicable).
All Participants must Read and Agree to the following NEAT Meetup Group Waiver form - By Registering with the NEAT Meetup Group you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the following:
1. You understand and appreciate the risks inherent in walking trip(s)/winter activities, and you voluntarily and knowingly assume those risks. You release CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors volunteers, funders and sponsors, from any liability for any injury or loss you might incur in connection with the walks/activities.
2. You, for yourself, your heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release forever any and all rights for claims and damages you may have against CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors, volunteers, funders and sponsors, in any manner due to any personal injury or property loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in the activities associated with the walks/activities, including any volunteer activities you may engage in while preparing for the walks/activities.
3. You agree to follow the rules established for the conduct of the participants in the walks/activities or instructions of CultureLink staff members or volunteer organizers on the walks/activities.
4. You agree that you will be responsible for your own welfare and safety in participating in the NEAT walks/winter activities.
5. You agree that if you bring any children and/or minors to the walks/winter activities, you will be solely responsible for their welfare and safety.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:30 PM
Friday, March 6, 2015 10:00 AM
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:30 PM
Sunday, March 15, 2015 2:00 PM
Saturday, April 11, 2015 1:30 PM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers