NEAT (Newcomers Explore and Appreciate Toronto) walks are organized by volunteers of the Mentorship Program at CultureLink.
New Torontonians with the help of experienced mentors, explore Toronto and organize guided tours for the general public all through year. Jane's walk, trip to Queenston Heights, walk from China town to city hall, haunted Toronto, lights and sights of Downtown Toronto, Toronto's film festival are few of the many walks that have been organized since the begining of this group.
Whenever possible, we will incorporate winter activities such as skating, tobogginng, hiking, etc.
Participating in our walks/winter activities opens doors to learning about Toronto's local cultures, history and art, enjoying witner as well as networking and making new friends.
To learn more about our program please visit our website.
Participating in our walks/winter activities:
We welcome everybody to our walks/or winter activities however, participation is entirely voluntary. Please read the liability statement below.
Immigrants to Canada:
If you are a newcomer (landed immigrant or convention refugee) attending our walks, we would request you to provide your immigration information. This information is collected based on our program funding from CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada). Access to this information enables us to provide appropriate services intended to support newcomers' settlement and integration process in Canada. This information is kept strictly confidential. Access to this information also ensures stability and continuum in the services for immigrants and refugees in Canada. We thank you in advance for providing this information. Check out the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/gather-info.asp.
Please read the liability statements carefully (copied below). CultureLink and it's representatives are not responsible for any loss/incident that may occur during NEAT walks and winter activities. Everyone participating is responsible for their own safety and well-being and belongings and of their children (if applicable).
All Participants must Read and Agree to the following NEAT Meetup Group Waiver form - By Registering with the NEAT Meetup Group you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the following:
1. You understand and appreciate the risks inherent in walking tour(s)/winter activities, and you voluntarily and knowingly assume those risks. You release CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors volunteers, funders and sponsors, from any liability for any injury or loss you might incur in connection with the walks/activities.
2. You, for yourself, your heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release forever any and all rights for claims and damages you may have against CultureLink Settlement Services, its employees, Board Directors, volunteers, funders and sponsors, in any manner due to any personal injury or property loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in the activities associated with the walks/activities, including any volunteer activities you may engage in while preparing for the walks/activities.
3. You agree to follow the rules established for the conduct of the participants in the walks/activities or instructions of CultureLink staff members or volunteer organizers on the walks/activities.
4. You agree that you will be responsible for your own welfare and safety in participating in the NEAT walks/winter activities.
5. You agree that if you bring any children and/or minors to the walks/winter activities, you will be solely responsible for their welfare and safety.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, May 29, 2016 11:00 AM