addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Northeast Pilots Group Message Board › Anyone used Voyager?

Anyone used Voyager?

Jeff
Jeff_Dangel
Ashland, MA
Post #: 1
Hi all!

Finally purchased my first aircraft, a Cherokee 180. Looking forward to finally getting to one of the meetups. I am based in Mansfield, MA (1b9).

At Oshkosh this year I purchased the Skypad EFB from Seattle Avionics. It is basically a small tablet pc running Voyager for both flight planning as well as in flight EFB. Haven't received it but have been playing with Voyager for the flight planning.

Has anyone had experience with either this or any other packages (Chartcase, rmstek, etc)? I like Voyager, but it seems buggy and often resource intensive and am having a bit of buyers remorse...

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff
A former member
Post #: 4
I've used Destination Direct, RMSTEK's FLightsoft, Voyager, and the free one from CSC DUATS. I liked Destination Direct the best, but it stopped being produced, was purchased and it looks like it's available again. Voyager is lots of flash, very memory and CPU intensive, convoluted to make changes to and it's based towards GPS users. used the flight planner. RMSTEK has a smaller footprint, not as flashy, doesn't generate the printable flight plan as pretty as Destination Direct or Voyager. but does everything well, is usable by non-GPS enhanced individuals and runs on lower class hardware. The CSC software (Flight Eagle?) works well enough. My vote is still for Flightsoft although I wouldn't mind taking another look at Destination Direct or whatever it's called today. I never tried the Jeppesen product. Aviation Consumer has had two or three comparisons of flight planning software. You might want to try to get the back issues or you can order just the reports.

Alex Kittenplan

PS. You can put Flightsoft on a USB stick and run it on any PC. Nice feature call FlightSnap.