addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Northeast Pilots Group Message Board › The Runway Restaurant at Barnes Westfield Mass

The Runway Restaurant at Barnes Westfield Mass

Richard P.
RPolivy
Bloomfield, CT
Post #: 3
just to let all know, the restaurant closed last week due to a dispute with the Town of Westfield, Mass. Many pleasant meetups occurred there. Barnes still has the lowest 100LL prices in the northeast though, so all is not lost, just the food.

If you go for fuel and stop at 5 Star, mention the need for food and your desire that they reinstate the hamburger and hot dog grill which up until the restaurant was an added bonus to a fuel purchase
Bruce C.
user 11051998
Wappingers Falls, NY
Post #: 122
You will find the lowest fuel prices in the northeast at Dutchess County Airport: KPOU, and a restaurant and deli just off the field, with plans to have an on-field breakfast/lunch place opening sometime in the near future.
AE
user 10859528
Chester, CT
Post #: 47
http://www.masslive.c...­

Reading the comments by the locals sure looks like this place won't be missed. I trust the city will work out the details and a new venue will take it's place.
AE
user 10859528
Chester, CT
Post #: 54
As predicted, a new restaurateur gutted the old "runway restaurant" and has created a completely a new space with new décor, new menu and will revitalize the upper deck outside. A few of us stopped by to see the progress and was given the grand tour by the new Chef. Impressive indeed!!
Check out there website: http://www.pappsbaran...­.
Opening on or around May 5th
Bruce C.
user 11051998
Wappingers Falls, NY
Post #: 128
No breakfast menu. What good does that do for the pilots who always flew into Barnes on weekends for breakfast and fuel? Upscale restaurant away from the center of town. Good luck. Many of us who flew into BAF over the past year while the place was under renovation literally begged the owner to do breakfasts. So did the FBOs.
AE
user 10859528
Chester, CT
Post #: 55
So go somewhere else? Obliviously the owner who has other restaurants knows what works, is profitable and breakfast isn't one them. Enjoy your lunch @ Barnes!
Ernie D.
user 10600176
Hampton Bays, NY
Post #: 4
Jerry K. found a copy of the menu which I am attaching a link to. It seems the restaurant has a nice menu with reasonable prices. I will surely give it a try for lunch. http://pappsbarandgri...­
Keith S.
user 11160522
Pompton Plains, NJ
Post #: 52
I do have fond memories of the old restaurant and hope the new one is a success.

At one of the larger fly-ins I attended, I ordered the special, a lasagna. The menu listed the cost as "MARKET PRICE".

I had no idea that pasta was such a volatile commodity. I don't recall hearing any market reports along the lines of, "Lasagna futures were sent skyrocketing today when the head chef at the Runway Restaurant sprained both of his wrists....leaving him completely unable to communicate."