The NY/NJ Mineral, Fossil, Gem and Jewelry Show was begun in 2012 and has grown exponentially since. Expectations are for 350 - 400 booths and 13,000 - 14,000 visitors to see a much bigger and better show. The Franklin Museum and the Sterling Hill Museum will enlarge their UV mineral display. You can touch rocks from the Moon, Mars, and Vesta. See a 12' fossil skeleton of America's largest land carnivore ever: an Entelodont "hell pig". A few steps away will be a $1 million Tyrannosaurus skull. The co-theme is 'Fossils of Germany' and stars the best preserved Archaeopteryx specimen in existence (worth $4 million) on loan from the Wyoming Dinosaur Center. See the finest collection of Devonian Bundenbach fossils in the world (first time in the USA) and exquisitely preserved Permian vertebrates from Pfalz. More exhibits added continuously. Catch a Bob Jones lecture too!
The NY/NJ Show
Friday April 11 : 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday, April 12: 10 am - 6 pm
Sunday, April 13: 10 am - 6 pm
Admission: $8 Entry, Ages 5-12 are $3, under 5 years old are Free, Good for all 3 Days
(Admission fee includes a donation to the Franklin Mineral Museum)
Re-Entry: Be sure to get your hand stamped before leaving
Mass Transit: Free shuttle bus runs continuously from Metropark Station to the front door of the NJ Expo Center.
It is a 14 minute trip each way. Our shuttle bus is from Raritan Valley Bus Service and looks like this:
Facebook: Facebook Follow us on Facebook for updates and behind-the-scenes information and insights
Exhibits & Attractions: - Fine Mineral Gallery featuring millions of dollars worth of rare and exquisite specimens
- Main Exhibit: The Best of the Best of the Northeast comprising the finest mineral specimens from
- 200+ collections highlighting notable localities in the 11 northeast US states
- Special exhibit #1: the best preserved Archaeopteryx of the 11 known (the $4 million Thermopolis specimen)
- Special exhibit #2: a huge 12-case display of glowing UV minerals in our darkened Jr. Ballroom by the
- Franklin Mineral Museum and Sterling Hill Mining Museum
- Special exhibit #3: a complete juvenile Nanotyrannus skull valued at $1 million
- Special exhibit #4: Gold in all its Native Forms
- Special exhibit #5: a complete 12' tall Entelodont skeleton, the largest carnivore land mammal. Even the
- deadly saber tooth tiger was terrified of this "Hell Pig" !
- Special exhibit #6: Tourmalines from Around the World
- Special exhibit #7: world's finest collection of equisite Devonian Bundenbach Hunsrück fossils
- which are 400 million years old and valued at over $1 million
- Special exhibit #8: Touch the Moon! …and Mars! …and Vesta! -Touch actual rocks from these worlds
- Special attraction #1: lectures by Bob Jones (of Rock & Gem magazine) on three topics: gold, tourmalines,
- and silver mining and specimens.
- Special attraction #2: lectures by Justin Zzyzx (of the-Vug.com) on Advanced Tips for the Beginning
- Rock-hound, Fake Minerals, and Geology and Minerals of St. Lawrence County, NY
- Special attraction #3: Two wine bars and an 80-seat cafeteria that serves good-quality, fairly-priced food
- Specimens will be on loan from the Staten Island Museum, the American Museum of Natural History,
- the Maine Mineral & Gem Museum, the Smithsonian Institute and the Wyoming Dinosaur Center.
- A separate 20,000 sq. ft. 'Wholesale Only Area' for business-to-business transactions
Exhibitor Booths: 350 - 400
Expected Attendance: 13,000 - 14,000
Our "Sister" Show: The Franklin Mineral Museum Gem & Mineral Show is September 28-29, 2013. Please support this world-renowned organization by attending their event. You can click their link and 'Like' their FB page.
Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center
125 Raritan Center Parkway (1.5 miles away with free shuttle to the show)
Edison, NJ 08837
$139 / night (a $50 discount) *plus* free breakfast and in-room internet. Click this link to reserve at the Sheraton or call the hotel directly at (732)[masked] to book under the "NY-NJ Gem Show" block. This rate available to any one but expires March 10, 2014 or when all 400 room-nights are booked.
3105 Woodbridge Avenue (3 miles away)
Edison, NJ 08837
$115 / night includes breakfast and free Internet, and features an on-site Starbucks, bistro, and bar. Please use this link to Click this link to reserve at the Courtyard Marriott. The Marriott does not have a free shuttle to the show. This rate available to any one but expires when all 200 room-nights are booked.