NJ Acoustic Music in the Park Message Board › " Neath the cover of October Skies" Acoustic Music in the Park Meetup, Satur

" Neath the cover of October Skies" Acoustic Music in the Park Meetup, Saturday October 24th

Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
The next meetup for NJ Acoustic Music in the Park has been scheduled:

­Saturday, October 24th

Come play some great acoustic music in the park. Share songs and learn some new ones. Hopefully some of those who couldn't make the last meetup will be able to make this one. Members are encouraged to post song suggestions and links to chord sheets in the discussion forum or file area. Please bring multiple copies of the songs that you want the group to perform.

We will be meeting in ­Johnson County Park in piscataway. We will meet at one of the picnic tables adjacent to the parking lot.

If you can't get there at 3:00pm get there when you can. I look forward to seeing everybody.

-Alan
Joe H.
user 10401699
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 1
Great song selections Alan! I'm sorry I won't be able to be there Saturday. How do you find the time to do all this?

Heard a couple songs on the radio recently that I plan to post when I can (soon I hope!):
Lodi, by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Never Ending Song of Love, by Delaney & Bonnie.

A couple others I'm thinking about:
Say You Love Me, by Fleetwood Mac (has a great bass line on the chorus)
Lay Down Sally, by Eric Clapton
To Be Alone With You, by Bob Dylan
Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You, also by Dylan

And I noticed you posted Nights in White Satin, which got me thinking about a couple newer Moody Blues songs I liked:
I Know You're Out There Somewhere
In Your Wildest Dreams

I'll get working on these.

Joe Higgins
Alan Z
user 9374016
Group Organizer
Bridgewater, NJ
Post #: 14
>> How do you find the time

I don't get much sleep.

Some of those songs I'm not familiar with, at least by the title. Probably if I listened to them I'd know them. I'll check them out.

-Alan