addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New Jersey Divorce Support Group Message Board › HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY - YOU ARE A FIREWORK - IGNITE THE LIGHT INSIDE OF YOU

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY - YOU ARE A FIREWORK - IGNITE THE LIGHT INSIDE OF YOU AND SHINE

A former member
Post #: 129
WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE by COACH JOE - ENJOY my first article that was published this week:

I want you to get in the game of life and enjoy your summer! In order for you to begin this journey we will need a little music. Sing along to this song with me:
“Calling out around the world are you ready for a brand new beat? SUMMER’s here and the time is right for dancing in the streets!” that’s the start to the 1964 hit that has been recorded by many including Mick Jagger and David Bowie in 1985.
I was 19 years old just finishing up my first year of college in the summer of 1985. It’s hard for me to believe that was 27 years ago and now my daughter will be a freshman in college this fall. When I think back to some of my favorite memories of summer there was always music involved. As we head to the beaches and pools, go to our friends and families homes and go see concerts and bands remember how good it makes you feel to get out and party on the dance floor
Life is a rollercoaster ride it is filled with ups and downs and sometimes things that throw you for a loop. Understanding how to manage your emotions is a huge key to dealing with challenges. Thoughts are things so always have a positive attitude!
As Rocky Balboa said to his son in the movie “It’s not a matter of how hard you fall down it’s about how quickly you get back up” The song Tubthumping by Chumbawamba says it best “We’ll be singing when we’re winning … I get knocked down but I get up again you’re never going to keep me down”
We need to embrace our past and learn from it as there is nothing we can do to change it. You need to have faith that our future will be brighter. That leaves only one day to concentrate on TODAY accept it as the gift it is each morning that is why it is called the PRESENT.
The song “Finale B” from the hit Broadway show RENT captures this feeling perfectly “There is no future there is no past Thank God this moment’s not the last, there’s only us, there’s only this forget, regret or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way, No Day But Today!”
No matter if you are single or married, if you are a teenager or still a kid at heart who never wants to grow up, if you are a parent or someone’s child or if you are looking for love or just a good time this summer remember to live life to the fullest and enjoy it.
The Fourth of July holiday is right around the corner, don’t you think it’s time for you to celebrate your Independence Day from the negative thinking and take control of your future! Sing with Katy Perry “You just gotta ignite the light, and let it shine, Just own the night like the 4th of July “Cause baby you’re a Firework, come on, show em what you’re worth!”
Life is a journey, welcome to wherever you are! The pen is in your hand and the rest is still unwritten. Go dream big and make it happen for you “IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME!”
A former member
Post #: 6
Life Coach Joe -
OK first, get out of my head you are scaring me!!!! Everything you just wrote in this article was buzzing around in my head within the last few days.
Second, You are exactly right - all we have is today and it is up to us what we make of it!!!
Let go of the negative thoughts, actions and people. Embrace the life we have, the people we love and the opportunites yet to knock.
My song choice at this point in my life is Fighter by Christina Aguilera because of these lyrics:
After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that
I hold resentment for you
But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong
'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know
Just how capable I am to pull through
So I want to say thank you
For making me a Fighter

Thank you again for your most inspiring words and the time you put into this group!!

Bravo to you Coach Joe!!!