align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NW Wilderness Message Board › Elk Horn Mountains, 4 days in August?

Elk Horn Mountains, 4 days in August?

Rick L. J.
user 10833570
Newberg, OR
Post #: 129
Guys and Gals,

I am thinking of heading off towards La Grande to the Elk Horns. I'm thinking for about 4 days. Not sure if it will be a back pack or a car camp yet. But it will be a lot of ridge walking and some good scrambling.

I am putting this out as a discussion to see who may be interested and can get the time off to go.

Any information about the area would be great to.

Rick
Henry
user 13314173
Portland, OR
Post #: 46
Guys and Gals,

I am thinking of heading off towards La Grande to the Elk Horns. I'm thinking for about 4 days. Not sure if it will be a back pack or a car camp yet. But it will be a lot of ridge walking and some good scrambling.

I am putting this out as a discussion to see who may be interested and can get the time off to go.

Any information about the area would be great to.

Rick
I wish I were able to plan that far ahead but will keep it mind. Thanks Rick
PJ
user 40797182
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 9
August is the only month I don't have plans (other than Bridge Pedal). With your thorough knowledge and experience, is this something that I could do Rick?

http://www.summitpost...­
barbara s.
user 13882103
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I may have some days in the middle of July or the last week of July. Is this in the Wallawas (sp?)?
Matt T
user 9940889
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
possibly, at least if it's non-technical. i'm booked the last 2 weekends of the month, but early in the month is a possibility. please keep me in the loop with your plans. 4 days total would be the max i could consider.
Marc
user 14680671
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
Like PJ, I'm open in August except for the Bridge Pedal on Sunday the 11th. Ridge walking and non-technical scrambling sound good to me. Marc
Matt T
user 9940889
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
the more i read about this, the more interested i am. any of the first 3 weekends in august are open at the moment for me.