addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Codecademy Group Message Board › Code Academy Reference Notes

Code Academy Reference Notes

Jason
user 2573339
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 2
My main fear while working on Code Academy is that there doesn't seem to be any glossaries or references that I can look up later. I just doubt that I'll be able to remember everything from past lessons easily and it seems like a bit of a chore to have to dig through prior lessons to find a particular concept. So I'm keeping a running page of my notes on everything on Tumblr here.

If you notice anything wrong or want to make any suggestions, that would be mighty appreciated, thanks.

-Jason
Ron
user 2536529
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
this looks really good Jason, thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

-Ron
Jason
user 2573339
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 3
Thanks, Ron. Unfortunately Tumblr seems to be freaking out about as the post gets long. I may start breaking them up instead of keeping them on one page.

But thanks a lot for organizing this meetup, it will be much easier to learn with some like minded people, catch you at the first meetup.
Jason
user 2573339
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 4
Okay, I've decided to instead have my notes as separate tagged posts.

Catch them all HERE, thanks!
A former member
Post #: 2
Jason, thanks for consolidation of notes - very time-saving. FYI, I noticed on the original post you were unsure about the For Loop section. In case you were still wondering, here are my thoughts:

In line 3, console.log( "number is now equal to" + number); , the "+ number" part is using the plus sign to concatenate the variable "number" to the string, "number is now equal to".... so for example, if the variable "number" was on its 2nd iteration, it would now be valued at 1, so the output should be, "number is now equal to 1". The reason for line 5 is because the last iteration of the for loop stops before it can print the number 2. The entire loop from beginning goes:

1. number = 0 and since it is still < 2, we can go ahead and complete the iteration. Print "number is now equal to 0". Increase the variable "number" by 1.
2. number = 1 and since it is still < 2, we can go ahead and complete the iteration. Print "number is now equal to 1". Increase the variable "number" by 1.
3. number = 2. Since it is NOT < 2, we will not continue with the loop. Therefore, there is no printout.
Since this loop did not print out the last time when number = 2, you need to add line 5 which will manually print out the final value of "number".

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if someone disagrees with my explanation, so I can improve my understanding.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Ramon G.
user 8510641
Carlstadt, NJ
Post #: 1
If you a looking for a good place to paste you actual code for others to see check out pastebin