*Please note: this month we have the smaller room on the 28th floor, so please RSVP quickly if you wish to attend*
The theme of this month's meetup is Data & Finance (loosely defined).
Here's the REVISED (and hopefully final) lineup for the event. We have *a lot* of great content that will explore different areas and perspectives in the world of finance.
1. We'll start the event with a 10 minute presentation about the new Bloomberg Application Portal, by its manager, Claudio Storelli.
2. We will then do our very first big data customer panel - we have featured a lot of exciting big data startups in the past, but what do the people who actually get to select, implement and use those technologies actually think about the state of the market (from a financial services perspective), and how big data technologies fit their needs?
* Mike Simone, Global Head of CitiData Platform Engineering
* Emile Werr, Head of Enterprise Data Architecture, NYSE EuroNext
* Raj Patil, up until recently Data innovation CTO at UBS, now an entrepreneur
3. Then we will hear presentations by (and a panel with) some exciting data startups:
* John Fawcett, CEO, Quantopian, will discuss how his company is bringing algorithmic trading to the masses by providing a data platform with backtesting tools.
* Zach Perret, CEO, Plaid.io, will discuss how they are building a simple platform that allows developers to connect with and understand customer card data.
* Shawn Budde, co-founder, ZestFinance, will discuss the company's Big Data approach to loan underwriting.