In addition to announcements and latest developments (ongoing Google IO 13 recap) we're focusing on Android and to a certain extent Glass this summer (as usual we will meet on the last Wednesdays of each month).
Agenda for our Wed June 26 meetup:
Lightning talks: (6:30)
- A quick recap on the latest Android and Glass news - Dario Laverde
- AppScript and Google Drive + Android - Ralph Yozzo
- Android Monetization - Hunter Peress
Our featured speaker: Mark Murphy: (7:30)
A Deep Dive Into ViewPager
ViewPager, introduced nearly three years ago, is now the foundation of many Android app UIs, yet not everyone has experienced it or explored all its possible uses. This class will start with a basic introduction of setting up ViewPager, before covering all sorts of fun things you can do with it, including:
- Integrating ViewPager with the action bar
- Showing multiple pages at a time
- Writing custom PagerAdapters for specialized circumstances
- Using a ViewPager on some devices (phones) with side-by-side fragments on other devices (tablets), and more!
Mark is the founder of CommonsWare and the author of "The Busy Coder’s Guide to Android Development," among other books on Android application development. He is active in supporting the Android developer community, from answering questions on StackOverflow to publishing sample code and reusable components as open source.
Note: This is a reprise of his AnDevCon Boston talk.
Door prizes: a copy of "Programming Android" courtesy of O'Reilly and a pair of six-month Warescriptions courtesy of CommonWare.
Interested in presenting or demo-ing an app? Contact the organizer if you are interested in giving a talk anywhere from a 5min lightning talk to a full presentation (45min-60min). Slots are first come first serve - July 31 and August 28 are completely open as of this writing.
Also note that this meeting is a joint meetup with the NY Android Developers Meetup!
NYC-GDG Google+ (gplus.to/gdgnyc)