Organizational Meet Up of
Anti-Fracking Carol Singers
"The Ever Green Carolers"
Judson Memorial Church
South side of Washington Square Park
enter at 239 Thompson Street
Monday, November 25, 2013
• Sing green carols in the Village Streets
• Bring awareness to the fracked gas under those streets (now!)
• Meet up with other green carolers and creative activists
• Collaborate and laugh while writing parodies of classic Christmas carols
• many levels of time and energy commitment - 2 hours of fun singing or many hours of fun collaboration
A couple of weeks back I attended an event: Peaceful Environmental Activism. And I got inspired to ENGAGE the West Village by letting them know what’s going on right under there noses (and houses) through CREATIVITY and MUSIC.
With the holiday season appoaching, what better way to share information about the dangers of fracking than through song.
PEACE MUSEUM NY and Viral Voices of OWS bring you:
"THE EVER GREEN CAROLERS"
Here’s the loose game plan so far:
1) Have a meeting for all interested parties
MONDAY NOVEMBER 25
Judson Memorial Church
2) Plan on doing our “carol” singing 4 times between December 10 and Christmas. Have at least 12 singers at each “caroling” session and sing for a least an hour.
3) Form a small group committed to bottom-lining writing Christmas carol parodies and putting together a song list by December 9
I know the holidays are busy but what better way to multi-task than combining festive caroling with your activism AND making a difference. Three for one!
Our intention is to make this easy and fun, so we won’t be adding any stress to your life.
There will be several ways to support the Ever Green Caroling Project.
As a song writer/contributor and a singer
As a song writer/contributor
As a singer
Spreading the word
Helping to write a Press Release
Creating a flyer to distribute while we carol
Contributing props or helping to create a visual presence
SO will you join us?
We look forward to seeing you on Monday November 25.
If you can’t make it to our meeting on Monday November 25 but you are still interested in being involved, please email Nadette at [masked] and let us know how you would like to be involved and we will keep you posted!
peace, power, action and song!