addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Kiteboarders Message Board › Outer Banks, NC June 1-8, 2013

Outer Banks, NC June 1-8, 2013

Gary
user 4202494
Rockaway, NJ
Post #: 41
Hi Kiters,

Every year, I rent a house with friends to kite in Avon, NC for a week in June (and usually a week in April also). I book the June trip during Triple-S week - this is an invitational kiteboarding competition week with some of the best kiteboarders in the world hosted by Real Kiteboarding in Waves, NC. Real has a party every night with a different band playing each night (there is not much other nightlife around). Here is a link (not much info there yet): http://www.realwaters...­

The house I'm renting is on Windy Lane in Avon, NC, right on Pamlico Sound. This is about a 20 minute drive from the Real Kiteboarding shop, but I like renting in Avon because there are more places to eat and there's a supermarket in town (unlike Waves, where Real is located). Our house is full, but there are many other rental houses nearby. Get a group together and reserve now!!! We can kite and socialize together and watch some of the competition which is absolutely thrilling!! This week is considered "mid-season" so it is still less expensive than "in-season" or "prime season" for house rentals.

You can take lessons while there, but be aware that kiteboarding lessons are expensive. But you won't find a better place to learn: lots of warm, shallow water, great wind, and multiple shops to choose from for lessons. I am still learning the sport, and if you want to learn at the best place to kite on the east coast, take the trip down.

If you want more information, send me an email. I'm not promoting anything here (I'm not connected to any kiteboarding or rental business) other than trying to get some of the members of this meetup group to have some fun kiting!

Gary