This month we have Jeff Hammerbacher giving a talk on pretty much anything he feels like talking about. He's "kind of a big deal" so it should be interesting.
Jeff Hammerbacher is a founder and the Chief Scientist of Cloudera and an Assistant Professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Jeff was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Accel Partners immediately prior to founding Cloudera. Before Accel, he conceived, built, and led the Data team at Facebook. Before joining Facebook, Jeff was a quantitative analyst on Wall Street.
Important notes about this meetup:
We are in a different location than our normal spot.
1. Do not RSVP if you don't think you'll make it. Space is limited and we need only people that actually plan on coming to take a slot. If you think you won't make it, update your RSVP to no. We'll be checking names at the door so you will live in infamy if you RSVP and don't show up (or if you change your RSVP to no in the 24 hours before the event).
2. Security at Bloomberg is very strict - this means that: - you must be pre-registered. No registration on premise - we need your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME. If that info doesn't show up accurately on the Meetup site, please update your Meetup profile accordingly today (or, if you must, send me an email) or you will not be allowed in. - you cannot bring unregistered guests with you - please bring an ID
3. Time: The meetup will start at 6:30pm. We'll have beer and snacks so come early. Please plan on arriving at Bloomberg at least 15-20 minutes before 6:30pm to avoid lines, clear security and make it upstairs. No one will be allowed upstairs after 6:50pm.
4. Address: 731 Lexington Avenue, between 58th and 59th St
5. When you arrive at 731 Lexington, please walk past the reception desk, follow the hallway to your right, and go to the Bloomberg reception desk which is in the back. A badge in your name will be waiting for you.