So here it is, the email some of you have long been waiting for: NY Photo Outing's summer plans!
I've been thinking about these for a while and I hope I've come up with a good line up of things to do and places to do them in. Now, a big disclaimer, I cannot promise all these places will have good food choices but I will still try my best to make it happen!
So, without further ado, I'm excited to present to you our summer outing plans! (each of these I will be adding to the calendar shortly):
- Saturday June 8th : Belmont Horse Race. Belmont Racetrack, Long Island. I know many people have objections to horse racing however, I think it'll be a great chance to photograph some action, great people in awesome outfits and also, a great opportunity to dress up and join this age old tradition
- Friday, June 14th : Sunset along the Hudson River. I got this idea from seeing our very own Fabio's photos and it'll be a lovely opportunity to wind down from a work week.
- Sunday June 16th : New Brunswick, NJ - Allow me to welcome you to the city a live in and to my home. We will be shooting around New Brunswick and after a day of shooting, let me invite you back to my place for lunch and drinks. I'll make my famous tacos...
- Saturday June 22nd : Mermaid Parade 2013, Coney Island! The Parade is back on. They've achieved more than 100% to have the parade happen this year again. http://www.coneyisland.com/programs/mermaid-parade
- Friday June 28th : Fireworks in Coney Island. Great opportunity to try out your long exposures!
- Sunday June 30th : Price Parade. The second largest Pride event in the world (I think Rio de Janeiro has taken the top spot).
- Saturday July 6th : Dim Sum in Chinatown and the Manhattan Bridge. Dim sum was a big hit last time, why don't we start our day off with it again and head into Brooklyn?
- Saturday July 13th : Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, PA. Bonus event: Storming the Bastille in celebration of Bastille Day. http://www.easternstate.org/bastille-day-preview
- Sunday July 21st : Hiking in Cold Spring, NY. Always been hiking here in the winter, but never in the summer. Will you join me? A great time to be outdoors!
- Sunday July 28th : Floyd Bennet Field, Brooklyn, NY. Floyd Bennet Field has had many incarnations and in its latest, a National Park and NYC only campground! http://www.nps.gov/gate/historyculture/floyd-bennett-field.htm
- Saturday August 3rd : Roosevelt Island. Let's return to the island to check out the latest developments and for unique view of NYC.
The rest, TBD. For now, I think we have our work cut out! I hope you RVSP as I add the events to the calendar.
Hope you all have a great beginning to the summer and a great start to your work week!