Ilkay Can-Standard, Asso. AIA, is based in New York City and works as an architectural designer for Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates. For the past year Ms. Standard has been involved with New York Revit User Group and has an organizational role.
Ms. Standard received her master's degree from New Jersey Institute of Technology School of Architecture and earned her bachelor degree in City & Regional Planning at Izmir institute of Technology (IYTE) in Izmir, Turkey.
She has been using Revit since 2009 and had practice BIM Management at her previous firm and was responsible for the development and implementation of BIM standards, assisting coworkers in developing documentation and work flow process, training and supervising day to day activities to ensure BIM standards, and evaluating new BIM related software and technologies.
Ms Standard, an architectural designer with an urban design background, believes in the power of BIM systems and always trying to find the most efficient ways to use it. She encourages designers to utilize Revit and other BIM systems at the beginning of every project.
She will demonstrate how to set up a Revit file so it is ready to go for the Concept Design Phase:
- Using (multiple) external links- cad-rhino (.sat)- shared coordinates
- Conceptual massing, in place massing or model in place, what are the differences?
- How to phase your design- for diagram and scheduling purposes
- Design Options, early design exploration with phasing
- Scheduling areas, how to use the data in complex excel calculations
- How to eliminate the use of other software like Illustrator and Photoshop - creating diagrams (2d and 3d) - line styles, filled region, filter, object styles, view templates
- Compare the performance of early alternative design strategies in Autodesk Vasari, and visual effects with Showcase and Lumion.
- The advantage of visual effects, tips and tricks that will save you time preparing for client presentations
Can't attend in person? Set your Meetup RSVP to 'No' and register for the webcast.
Food and beverages will be provided by group sponsor Microdesk.
AIA Continuing Education credits are provided by <looking for a new sponsor>
(If anyone wants to be the AIA credit provider of record please contact us)
GotoWebinar & Meetup.com service is provided by SOM.
The meeting space is provided by Pratt Institute Center for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Funding for our liability insurance is provided by Case.