addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Raspberry Jam Message Board › Ideas for the Next Meetup

Ideas for the Next Meetup

Max A.
GlueRemover
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Dear Tinkerers, Hackers, and Inventors!
It's time we did something together. But what? I want to ask for your opinion on what we should do next.
Most of you have joined because you like to build electronic devices. Some members are beginners and some are experts. What can we do at our next get-together to make it a valuable experience for most?
Some possibilities:
1. Members share their ideas for future projects, others give them feedback and suggestions
2. Members bring projects and present them, so that others could learn from them
3. We have a Code Jam session, so that we all work on the same project together
If you have any other ideas, please let me know. Or, if you are particularly interested in one of the above options, also let me know.
Thanks!
Max Austen
Christian B.
user 108953202
New York, NY
Post #: 2
I think it would be cool if we could work on a project together. That could mean that either:
a) We decide on some project that we would could each make, and then work in parallel together at the meetup, or
b) We all work on a single (or maybe a few), large, hopefully ambitious project that we can all contribute a part to.

I'm not sure what either of those would be, but I'd really like to do (b), and see what we could come up with.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd like to work with others on a project. That sounds like fun!

Also, I'd like to present my project to the gang so I can get valuable feedback. I am new to hacking electronics and really need some direction with using the GPIO.