That's right, we're a book club that doesn't even require you to read the book.
Each meeting starts with a video or PDF presentation of the book's key concepts so you can learn everything you need to know just by attending the meeting. We'll discuss how we've applied the book's concepts to our businesses and then leave with an action plan to apply them starting immediately (if you don't use it, you lose it).
Who Should Join
Open to anyone who'd like to learn more strategies for improving their business skills. Whether you are starting a business, manage a work team, or just want to better manage yourself, the same lessons apply.
Why You Should Join
- The average business person reads a business book once every 5 years.
- If you read a business book every other month, you will be the top 1% of learners in the United States.
- If you read a business book every month, you will be in the top 1% of learner in the World.
I created this group because you become what you focus on and the people you surround yourself with. I wanted to surround myself with other awesome business leaders and talk about what works.
What Meetings Are Like
- Video or PDF review of key topics in the book (so YES you can learn all you need to know without even reading the book). Attending one meeting will teach you more than reading for hours alone.
- Discussion of how we've applied key concepts to our businesses (successfully and unsuccessfully).
- Worksheet on how you plan to apply key concepts to your business life immediately
- Members vote on which book to read next, some of the upcoming options include...
Additions are welcome, we'll vote on which book to read next at each meeting.
- Awesomely Simple: Essential Business Strategies for Turning Ideas Into Action by John Spence
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...and Others Don't by Jim Collins
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki, Former Chief Evangelist for Apple - Great by Choice: Uncertainty, Chaos, and Luck
- Why Some Thrive Despite Them All by Jim Collins & Morten Hansen
- The Orange Revolution: How One Great Team Can Transform an Entire Organization
- Bottom Line Selling: The Sale's Professional Guide to Improving Customer Profits
- Tribes or Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Managing with a Conscience: How to Improve Performance Through Integrity, Trust, and Commitment by Frank Sonnenberg
- Becoming a Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Transcend Commodity and Defy Comparison by Joe Calloway
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
- Tribal Leadership by Dave Logan, etc.
Photo by Walt Stoneburner