addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › Afterparty RoundUP (8/22/14) featuring Cowspiracy encore 8/23, Soy & Sak

Afterparty RoundUP (8/22/14) featuring Cowspiracy encore 8/23, Soy & Sake closing 8/30, and room/mate seekers

A former member
Post #: 1,125
Greetings green grubbers.

It's funny I've been thinking a lot this Summer about how death and birth of businesses, institutions, and other things. So much so I've thought about reflecting on my nearly 10 years of organizing EatUP with some sort of veg*n venues graveyard list (e.g. Veggie CastleCounter) as well as a list of what's opened and prospered in that time (e.g. the Blossoms Empire (!!), Lula'sCinnamon Snail). So it is with fondness and real tears, I must let you all know Soy & Sake will close August 30, 2014. It seems the owner is retiring (and disinterested in the hassle of selling the business to someone else). An understandable position looking back at what happened with Foodswings trying to sell and instead being pushed into closing SMH.

In better news, NYC's own GustOrganics is crowdfunding their first phase of shifting more vegan this Autumn with an internationally-renowned chef's help. Then in 2015, they're aiming to go 100% vegan (and ahem, thus green)!

And I just learned there's a new veg*n spot in Greenpoint's Jungle Cafe that offers an all you can eat brunch for $10.49.

If you need a new room or roommate, please post info on EatUP's discussion board. For each seeker's privacy, I'll redirect interested folks to posts there (par usual). I know at least two people are looking NOW. And neither of them is me, thanks for asking+caring ;-)

Thanks for spreading the word about ALL these upcoming events:

The fantastic new vegan documentary ­Cowspiracy will have an encore presentation Saturday evening. PLEASE spread the word!

­
Bethlehem VegFest
is Saturday August 23rd. Love to hear your comments if you go. You definitely want to know Vegan Treats is in Bethlehem, PA!

*I'm unaware of any vegan events happening for Labor Day weekend - which YES is nearly upon us. SMH. Feel free to add any that appear as an EatUP event!

­BK Vegan Drinks returns Thursday September 11th with more great food made for each particular event!

Pleased to let you know ­Better Booze Festival, NYC's first vegan beer, wine and booze event, comes to us Saturday September 20thTickets are limited, and on sale now.

­Vegan Shop-Up [Manhattan] is that next day, Sunday September 21st

OK, that's plenty to chew on for August remaining.
Demetrius

p.s. is this subject line too long?