This job is onsite at our company headquarters in New York, NY; No new visa sponsorship is possible.
In this role, you will:
- Build agile: Designing and implementing features in our existing Rails applications, turning around features and fixes each sprint
- Build well: Adhere to and suggest best practices to maintain robust, fault tolerant systems with unit test coverage, clear comments and accurate documentation
- Build for scale: Learn how our JRuby servers that service tens of thousands of requests per minute scale to meet demand atop Amazon Web
The question you have to ask yourself is, which one of these job postings is the one that will move your career forward. Where will you get the chance to make your mark? To be a leading committer, to build products that will disrupt an industry?
Here at Jun Group, we’ve got 99 problems for you to solve, but our business model ain’t one. You'd be coming in at the inflection point of an established digital advertising firm. We work for the biggest brands in the world: Coke, Activision, Chevy, McDonald’s, Kraft, etc. We reach tens of millions of users, and we put them in control on desktops, tablets, and smartphones. We're in the throes of high growth - the opportunities for ownership are everywhere.
Our work environment is fun and exciting. We care deeply about what we do, but nobody dies when we frack up. We work hard, enjoy each other's company, throw the odd party in our 27th floor office, and we have meaningful lives outside of work.
Compensation - $150,000
Participation in the company economic incentive plan
Great medical covreage
- JRuby specialization for those coming from Java or other interpreters
- Annual budget for self-directed training
- Internal Hackathons
Who will be happy here
The force is strong with you in these areas:
- Samples of elegant, interesting and well documented code in your favorite language
- War stories about building for scalability
- Patches accepted into the open-source projects that you use most often
- Developing content or applications for mobile devices
Find out more
If you're interested, don't let this opportunity go to the next reader :-) Send me a short email and we'll reply with more information that will help you decide if this role is right for you.
No recruiters or other 3rd parties please!
JASONATLUNN | Director of Software Development