addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Bellydance Meetup! Message Board › Learn the Arabic Alphabet with us!

Learn the Arabic Alphabet with us!

Michael Kim Jamal ...
GRINDMASTER
New York, NY
­

as'Salaam 3'liykum. Ahlan wa sahlan! MarHabba, wa tasharrafna!

Hello ladies (and gents). My name is Michael Riegelman. I'm one of the Assistant Organizers of this Meetup, and one of it's former Head Organizers, going back far too many years to remember. I also run the NYC Arabic Language & Culture Meetup, which several of you are members of. Although I'm a really horrible dancer, nothing like our fearless leader Tarik Sultan, I do very much enjoy Oriental Dance, and have had many bellydancers perform at various FUN(d)raisers that I've hosted in the past.

I've been asked by several dancers if I would teach a beginners Arabic workshop for the Jersey City ~ Hoboken and NYC Bellydance Community and I've finally been able to get a date to do so - that being next Monday, November 25th, from 7-9pm. I'll be hosting it at my home in Hell's Kitchen on west 48th street. During the two hours you will learn at least half of the 28 letter alphabet, as well as write your first words in Arabic.

I've taught the Arabic Alphabet to over 100 students through the four two years as the Director of the NYC Arabic Meetup Club. I was on the founding staff of Concordia Language Villages' al'waHa­ program, a summer intensive Arabic Language and Culture program for youth based out of Moorhead, Minnesota. I've also has completed the University of Cambridge CELTA program (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults). Ive also taught English in Morocco at both the Arabic Language Institute in Fez (ALIF) and the American Language Center in Marrakesh, as well as the Arab-American Family Support Center in Brooklyn, NY.

For more info, please click HERE, or go to the following link:

www.meetup.com/NYCBellydancers/even­ts/151551562

­

If you have any questions, feel free to call me directly on my cell phone at (347) 523-3937.

http://youtu.be/5g6QS...­