addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The NY Recruiting Meetup Network Message Board › Introduction/Ideas for Next Meetup

Introduction/Ideas for Next Meetup

Mark I.
user 8010777
New York, NY
Post #: 6
Hi -

I'm Mark Israel and I manage Talent Acqusition for Barnes & Noble.com. I've been involved in Corporate Talent Acquisition since my first NYC job with a small software and consulting company in the early 90's.

I believe this is one of the most well organized and attended Meetups around Recruiting issues in the NY area. Recently, Ernest was gracious enough to invite me to become assistant organizer, so I thought I'd ask for your opinion on a topic for the next Meetup? Simply put, what would interest you?

A topic that is nothing new, but still baffling to many of us who work for (or service) employers with Affirmative Action plans is determining who is and who is not an applicant. Many of us find that trying to put the ruling of the OFCCP in ~2005 of what defines an internet applicant into practice is not only challenging to understand, but extremely complex and resource intensive to administer. Maybe we could have an expert or two come to speak and then share some of our own issues.

I'm open. Would like to hear from you via this message board or you can write me directly at misrael8 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Mark Israel
Ernie F.
user 4818219
Group Organizer
East Brunswick, NJ
Post #: 19
Mark, Welcome onboard, look forward to your contributions and ideas. Great idea to ask our members for feedback. -Ernie
Tracy B.
user 8228176
Savannah, GA
Post #: 1
Dear Mark (and Ernest)-

Sorry that I was not able to attend tonight's event- I had a conflict- and sorry for taking so long to reply to this email thread. I just recently had an idea that I think would benefit the group.

I belong to a GTD (David Allen's Getting Things Done) Study Group and every few weeks, we have a topic called Back to Basics where we talk about something banal and boring like contexts and list types, instead of the technology we use to implement the GTD system. That being said, those are the most insightful topics and where people in the group seem to come away with the most insight.

I am suggesting that one of the speaking segments is always a Back to Basics talk where one of the members talks about something they do well in the recruitment process, outside of technology, whether it's tied to selling candidates on a job, interviewing/selection, or building relationships with hiring managers. Of course, those are just examples.

Since I am bringing this up, if you and Ernesto think that this is something you would like to add, I will volunteer to do one of these Back to Basics on employee selection at a future event.

Thanks so much for managing this group. I am truly sorry I missed tonight's event. I always meet great people.

Best,
Tracy Brisson