#SAtechBOS is an event bringing together Higher Education administrators from Student Affairs and educational technology startups to discuss current and future technology trends.
Thursday, August 2 (lunch start at 12:00pm) and ending on Friday, August 3, 2012 (after lunch)
This year's UnConference will be different than last year's event. Instead of staying in one large group for the entire UnConference, we will split up into smaller groups for more focused conversations. Participants will not only engage in peer-peer learning around topics they have chosen, but also be asked to "create" something in those smaller groups in "creation stations." Participants will be asked to create, foster, develop and idea that they can take back to their respective campuses and communities and use right away. Each of the groups will be asked to present their ideas on Friday morning to the large group for feedback and all of the ideas will be shared on this wiki.
Bring Student Affairs, Higher Educational professionals, and #EDtech startup folks together who are passionate about growing their technology literacy and using it to inspire and drive change through programs, services, and ideas that are created in a peer-peer learning environment.
- Student Affairs in Higher Education administrators passionate about growing their technology literacy
- Higher education administrators and colleagues looking to contribute ideas and create collaboration opportunities with others
- #EDtech Startup Companies who want to collaborate and partner with Higher Education Administrators and Practitioners
- Conference registration is $52/person now FREE!
- Travel - All NY Startup companies can/will road trip together to Boston coordinated by Tom Krieglstein ([masked])
- Hotel/Crashing - If you stay overnight, we can coordinate hotel shares and/or couch surfing in Boston with local startups.
Thursday, Aug. 2:
- 12:00pm: Opening Lunch, Remarks by Kenn Elmore
- 1:00pm: Large Group Opening Session: Select UnConference Topics... Narrow Down to no more than 6
- 1:15pm: Break up into groups and separate spaces.... Facilitate Peer-Peer learning for 60 minutes....
- 2:15pm: CREATION STATIONS open... using existing Groups, create a program, service, idea, etc. that could be used on your home campuses. Create a 10 minute "pitch" presentation for Friday morning.
- 3:45pm: BREAK, encouraged to visit other CREATION STATION rooms and see what others are up to. Feel free to join other groups!
- 4:15pm: CREATION STATIONS continue
- 5:15pm: Large Group Processing
- 7:05pm: DreamUp at Fenway Park
Friday, August 3:
- 9:00am: Group Pitches (Large Group offers feedback and ways to make the idea even better)
- 11:00am: Closing Speaker: TBD (Targeting someone from Google in Cambridge!)
- 12:00pm: Lunch and follow up.