Oh dear, it looks like I am going to be in the Union, NJ office for the next two weeks for training. This means I won't be able to attend:
* Sun. August 2nd: Intro to Peabody Essex Museum: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10672948/
* Mon, August 3rd: This is Spinal Tap: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10965463/
* Wed, August 5th: Winds of Dune Blow East: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10647584/
* Thurs. August 6: Codzilla: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10965158/
* Fri. August 7th: Alien @ Brattle Theater: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10983388/
* Thurs. August 13th: Flashlight Tour of Forest Hills: http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/calendar/10965561/
... which is fine. All I did was stand there with a red MEETUP sign and look pretty. We can just have one person going volunteer hold up a meetup sign before the start of the event. Unless any assistant organizers want to take over any of the events. Any assistant organizers want to take over the event, feel free to change the event to your name. If that fails, if any members who are going want to become assistant organizers, you can gladly change where you want people to meet you and where you want to go to dinner after.
With the Intro to Peabody Essex Museum they need one assistant organizer (Steve? Were you going to this?) to collect cash from people, and go up to their reservations desk. Eh, nobody really seemed interested in going via the Salem Ferry, anyway, and were going to meet up at the museum.
I just found out about this two week training cource an hour ago.... geez! Now they tell me...
Sorry about that! Up until yesterday, I wasn't going to be attending of those training classes.