Heather
sacajawea
Group Organizer
Cambridge, MA
Hi everyone,

thanks for participating in the discussion on RSVPs

• I think I've decided that I will start kicking people out of the group who don't RSVP reliably. You can rejoin the group after if you really want to and you'll turn your RSVP record around... so don't stress. Today I have 15 people today that 'no showed' more than 3 times AND their percentage of no-show status is greater than 33%. If I kicked out everyone with a "no show" record of 3 or more I'd be kicking out 112 people.... so I won't do that. But it is in the "Nerd Fun Creed" on the front page... so don't be surprised by the new policy.
  • Most of the AOs will probably start putting an RSVP limit on the events... most of the things we go to are public events, so yeah... you can go anyways... free country and all...  but we (& sometimes our venues) need to have a clue of how many people we're going to expect. Also... it seems smaller groups make it easier for new people to get involved.
  • And don't forget to read the event descriptions! Then reread them. We're getting more and more email lately, and it's kinda frustrating from our end when we're answering extra questions about stuff that's just up there on the net for everyone to read.

and many thanks to the MAJORITY of you who are appreciative of the group and RSVP with accountability.

I can keep saying it: I've met the best people through this group, and I love seeing new faces coming through and joining in on the fun. It is what we all make of it... so enjoy and Nerd On!

Heather

PS responses to this can go back to http://www.meetup.com/NerdFunBoston/boards/thread/10339273/0/.­