Hello! My name is Betty and I have three awesome kids, a little girl that turned 4 in September, a son that will be 3 in May (2014) and a another little boy that will be 1 in July (2014)! We are fun loving group that loves to get together for play dates, great conversations, or just the occasional Mama Time! I love to have fun and be a little goofy at times, so if you are willing to let your hair down too, then this group is right for you!
*Most of our meetups are planned for kids around 18 months to 3 years.
*We have some weekend activities as well, but most of the meetups are during the weekdays and are usually between 9 and 3.
*We also have one meetup a month for a Moms or Parent’s night out or a family gathering!!
The last two years have been a wonderful experience for New Mommies of Chandler/Gilbert meetup group, and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities Charlie and I had to meet-up with each of you and your children to enjoy the various activities that were scheduled during 2010 thru 2012. Hopefully, you feel the same way. As you can imagine, our groups’ membership has grown significantly over the last couple of years, which will expand our memberships’ opportunity to meet more wonderful people and do exciting things together. However, it also presents some challenges for me as the group leader, so I wanted to update you on a few enhancements that I have made to our meet-up group beginning Nov 2011! I’m hoping these changes will help us in maintaining an active, engaging, and fun group of Moms throughout 2013!
As you may not be aware, there is a fee associated with maintaining the group. This is the rerason for the 12.00 member dues each year. This makes it really only $1 a month to have access to fun playdates with awesome Moms and kids!! I use all the money to pay for the membership I am charge from meet-up. If you have any further questions about dues please feel to contact me and ask me any further questions you may have. In addition, I have not enforced any specific participation requirements necessary to remain active in New Mommies of Chandler/Gilbert meetup group. However, to ensure that our membership truly represents only those Moms that are interested in actively engaging in social opportunities for themselves and their children, I have drafted the following participation requirements.
Member Participation Requirements:
1. For each scheduled activity, members of New Mommies of Chandler/Gilbert meetup group will be asked to RSVP (yes or no). This will assist me in assessing overall interest and conducting additional planning for each event. So, please RSVP for all events! As a side, the folks at Meetup.com have removed the ‘Maybe’ option from the RSVP menu of options. Please do not rsvp with a maybe, yes or no only. Thx
2. If something comes up at the last minute, which will prevent you from participating after you have already RSVP’ed, you must email me, post a message to the user group, or call me directly to let me know you will not be able to make it. While I will certainly understand, this is a simple courtesy. No shows, without a proper courtesy call will no longer be acceptable. Please make sure you also do this in a respectable time. Also if you are continually changing your rsvp at the last minute (3 or more in 2 months), this will lead to a discontinuation of membership as well. *Side notes- If you change your rsvp before midnight the night before the meetup you can email or comment on the page. If you change your mind after midnight and anytime before two hours of the meetup you must leave a comment on the page or call/ text me. If you change your mind anytime after that you may only text/call. Sometime I can not access, the website and thus will not be able to check for changes while we are on the way to a meetup/ or at the meetup waiting for you.
3. Members are required to RSVP and participate in at least (1) organized event every Months (30 days). We are here to meet new Moms, socialize our kids, and have fun doing it….this should be an easy one.
4. Advertising products/services on New Mommies of Chandler/Gilbert meetup group site is not permitted. Unless, you have emailed me in advanced.
5. If you have any concerns or extenuating circumstances, I am really understanding…please feel free to contact me. I really want all the Moms to stay apart of this group.
6. For safety sake, please make sure to rsvp to your first Meetup in a neutral public location, that the organizer (Betty Morgan) is attending. After attending your first meetup, you will then be able to attend any and all meetups there after! We don’t want you to feel you are being judged in anyway, we are just trying to keep ourselves, our children and our members safe. You must also attend your first meetup within the first week or two of getting accepted, to make sure this group is right for you. We want to make sure that all are members are active and are here because they want to be. 7. Failure to follow the new membership participation requirements will lead to a discontinuation of your membership with this group.
Thanks so much!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.