New York Broadcasting Group Message Board › Create a demo reel to apply for broadcasting jobs...

Create a demo reel to apply for broadcasting jobs...

Nathan P.
user 78095762
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 2
I ran across an interesting opportunity that I wanted to pass along. This is not an endorsement but its worth checking out. I want to pass on some information about a journalist boot camp. They teach story selection, demo creation, and offer some great professional tips for quality reporting. Here the school is described in their own words:

WHERE: MEDIA BISTRO Labs in Midtown Manhattan
WHEN: March 14-16

Reel Reporting is an investment for your future. This program is a real deal, no-nonsense television journalism boot camp geared towards aspiring journalists looking to create a resume reel in order to launch their television news reporting careers.
New York based on-air reporter Stephanie Tsoflias uses a hands-on approach to teach students how to not only secure that elusive first TV job, but also how to keep it, once inside the newsroom.
Reel Reporting takes what you learn in the classroom to the streets of New York City, where you'll work along side of some the top news photographers in the country, to produce news stories that matter to News Directors. In the end, you'll walk away with a resume reel and the set of skills and confidence you'll need to convince any station that you're ready to be on TV!

Reel Reporting