November 8, 2010 · 7:00 PM
INTRO on How to Sell Stock Photos
Workshop Presenter: Julie Dermansky
Julie is an award winning photojournalist, published author and traveling photographer.
Julie Dermansky Photography] She is selling stock images through Corbis Images, Polaris Images, and PhotoResearchers. Also, she has been selling her work through Flickr for four years, and will share trade secrets of making money with stock photography.
Her photos have been published in the following publications:
The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, US News, The Guardian, Der Speigle, The Times Of London, Essence Magazine, Vintage Books, Focus Magazine, Alcatel, Tulanian Magazine, NPR, The Museum Of Cultural Inquiry, Mercury Records, Chicago Field Museum, L’espresso, Weplay, Fund for Armenian Relief, among others.
How to Sell Stock Photos Workshop includes
- Basic pricing
- Different types of stock agencies and how to apply
- Differences between mom and pops (small agencies) and the big guys..
- What to expect if you get in
- How to make your work sell better - what the marketplace is looking for - "trends"
- How to sell off of Flickr.... Be your own stock agent
- The range of what you can make and what you need to do to make it...
- Who buys stock - Julie will provide an online document with links to different stock sites and information — a reference sheet to turn to after the class
- Tips on how to approach a stock agency..