The "Newy Get Together" group is open to all friendly folk interested in making new friends and engaging in fun social activities. Age is just a number and we have members of a variety of ages and backgrounds. Naturally some meetups will appeal largely to specific age groups.
There is no "induction" needed for a newbie - if you join this group and see an event that interests you, just jump right in! Alternatively, contact one of the organisers ([urlhttp://www.meetup.com...[/url]) for a smaller or one on one meetup.
Activities include (but are not limited to);
* BBQs, picnics, dinners and birthdays inc fancy dress
* Themed parties/events such as Halloween and Thanksgiving (as one of the organisers is American)
* Active sporty events such as indoor rock climbing, fire twirling, jogging, cycling, laser skirmish, paintball, 10 pin bowling
* Music performances
* Wine tasting
* Outdoor activities such as 4WD, camping and hiking
* Tupperware parties & beautification workshops
* Anything and anything you can think of
Everyone is free to use the Suggest a Meetup function.
Please read the group rules and guidelines (click here).
This group is free to all members wanting to make some new friends and expand their social circle. However this group is not free for the organiser who has been paying for it out of their own pocket since 2010. Anytime you attend a meetup, feel free to make a donation to the organiser of that event, who will pass it on to our organisers. If more than the annual group fee is raise, it will be used to subsidise an end of year event.