NoPo Run Club Message Board › Musicfest NW

Musicfest NW

A former member
Post #: 1
MFNW is Portland's version of South by Southwest - lots of music, clubs, people & good times. A couple people were interested in checking it out, so I thought I'd put it out there for anyone else that might be interested. The general plan is for a variety of music (mainstream, hip-hop, psych, electronic, indie) for Friday's shows.

7:30 Iron & Wine at Pioneer Square or a nearby outdoor bar (I have one in mind)
9:00 Shabazz Palaces at Roseland
11:00 The Stepkids at Dante's
12:00 Givers at Doug Fir

General admission tickets are $70, but if you only want to see a few bands you can save money by buying tickets to the specific shows ($15-$20 each). Plus, the shows at Pioneer Square could be free if you don't care to get into the square.

Check NoPo's Facebook page for more links to the festival & music. If you're interested or have someone you want to see, let me know.
Adam
user 20045931
Asheville, NC
Keep me in the loop, I'd be down for listening to Iron and Wine from a nearby bar, can't say I'm eager to buy a full on pass though.
Chris B
user 11424531
Denver, CO
Definitely interested in catching some of the music Friday night. Pioneer square sounds like it would be cool if we could pull off the outdoor bar idea.

Also, Pig Destroyer is headlining at Hawthorne theater 11:00 Friday night. Throwing it out there to any metal fans. I am quite interested in attending that show.
A former member
Post #: 2
I checked Craigslist and have contacted a few ads there - you can get general admission tickets for $55-$70 from several ads. If anyone is going to multiple nights/shows, that's a pretty good deal.

As far at the bar near Pioneer Square, The Departure is on the roof of The Nines Hotel at 525 SW Morrison which almost overlooks the Square. I'm not positive that we could hear everything, but it might be worth a shot.