Non-duality Pittsburgh Message Board › Non-Duality Meetings - updates

Non-Duality Meetings - updates

Jim
user 13343884
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA

• The Nisargadatta Meditation group will meet next on Wednesday, May 15 at 7pm. The focus of this meeting is on Nisargadatta’s teaching. The format of the meeting is a 30 minute meditation followed by a short reading of a selection from two chapters in “I am That.” That is followed by 5 minutes of silence. This is a good way to become familiar with one of the classics text of “Non-Duality.”

• 1. A small group of us have been meeting every two weeks to discuss a chapter in Leo Hawkins’ “Break out of your Mind.” The next meeting will be Thursday, May 16 at 7pm. By chance, this meeting just happens to follow the evening after the Nisargadatta Meditation.

Typically in these meetings, we read through a chapter together, commenting on various passages, sometimes focusing word by word, line by line, and sometimes zeroing in on a particular paragraph. Reading slowly through the material aids in assimilating the material and gives us an opportunity to ‘digest’ one part before going onto to the next one.

Past meetings (7) have covered dealing with a variety of topics including being, feelings, and thoughts. The next chapter will focus on the “I am”. As Leo Hawkins says, the “possibility of transformation hinges on your willingness to live from, and as, the simple and natural feeling sense of I AM.”

Even if you have not read the earlier chapters of his book, you are still welcome to attend this meeting. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll make a copy of chapter for you so you can read it with us as we go through it in the meeting.

This practice of reading slowly through the material makes it less “intellectual,” while increasing the chance that it will ‘sink in’. We will probably continue the same format with other material once we finish Leo’s book.

Both meetings will take place in my house in Squirrel Hill. If the group grows large enough, we’ll move to the Friend Center or somewhere else. Let me know if you need directions.

Jim